DR MARTIN LUTHER KING JR EARLY COLLEGE
Innovation 186 work days per year
Salary: Click here for more information on compensation for these roles. Please note: You must submit all relevant documentation via onboarding before the deadline (15 days after receiving your offer letter) for salary setting purposes.
Notice to applicants: This vacancy is at a school designated as an "Innovation School." For more information, please contact the school and/or DCTA.
**Please note: Applications will be received until February 22,2024. If the position is not filled by then, we may consider applications submitted after the deadline. Interested applicants must apply online by visiting the Denver Public Schools job board at careers.dpsk12.org.**
About this job:
School Teachers will teach grade level material, content specific lesson plans, and Personal Development, following DPS standards-based curriculum.
What DPS Offers You:
- A Culture that values Equity, Accountability, Integrity, Collaboration and Fun with a shared vision that Every Student Will Succeed.
- Competitive Teacher Compensation and Procomp Incentive plan, click here for the DCTA Teacher and SSP Salary Schedule. Click here for more information on compensation for these roles. Please note: You must submit all relevant documentation via onboarding before the deadline (15 days after receiving your offer letter) for salary setting purposes.
- In addition to competitive compensation, DPS has other Total Reward offerings such as; time off, health and wellness benefits, and PERA Retirement.
What You'll Do:
- Help all students develop competence and confidence simultaneously through a balance of acquiring basic skills and developing conceptual understanding.
- Monitor, supervise, coordinate and enforce rule of conduct and behavior for assigned students, and reinforce positive student behaviors in accordance with school and District policy.
- Observes, evaluates, reports and records students' performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Communicates with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors, and administrators to resolve students' behavioral and academic problems.
- Prepare educational course outlines, objectives and materials according to curriculum guidelines or state and local requirements.
- Present subject matter to students, using various teaching methods and technology, adjusting teaching style and method to meet student learning style.
What You’ll Need:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field required. Master’s Degree, preferred. A Master's Degree is only required for Concurrent Enrollment positions.
- Have a valid Colorado Department of Education (CDE) teaching license. Click here for additional information regarding specific requirements and qualifications for the various subject areas (DPS does accept a CDE Application Receipt for 90 days.)
- Lead for racial and educational excellence and work to dismantle systems of oppression and inequity in our community, along with believing in and supporting all students so they feel seen and heard with access to high quality education.
- Live and work with a permanent home address in Colorado while working with us.
- Have the ability with or without accommodations to meet the physical demands of the position.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender expression, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or any other status protected by law or regulations. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.