Here is a great opportunity to join a great company! Medline Industries has enjoyed DOUBLE DIGIT GROWTH for 55 of the past 56 years! We've again been named to the Chicago Tribune's Top Workplaces, and we're again on the list of Becker's Great Places to Work in Healthcare.
Medline Industries, Inc. is seeking a talented individual with knowledge of and experience working with custom applications using techno-functional skills. This System Analyst role collaborates with business partners (Sales and Sales Operations) and application development teams to deliver and maintain pricing applications. This role works on Medline’s pricing applications which include quoting, goal management and conversion tools. This individual will work as a System Analyst on the Pricing Scrum team to deliver incremental product releases, refine the product backlog, lead sprint planning sessions, participate in sprint retrospectives, showcase new work in sprint demos and support our 2000 sales reps daily. This is a great opportunity to work with a fast-paced team of 30 analysts, developers and QA analysts who thrive on agile practices and producing business value on a two-week sprint basis.
- System Analysis and Administration:
- Engage with multiple business sponsors (Sales, Product Divisions, Sales Operations, and Customer Service) to understand and analyze business issues, goals and requirements.
- Serve as a Functional Expert with the business in Sales Documents and Pricing areas within SAP.
- Ability to articulate business solutions and to communicate with technical teams to develop and configure solutions.
- Convert business requirements into user stories with appropriate acceptance criteria that can be converted into technical tasks.
- Create supporting mockups for business requirements and gain approval on designs.
- Collaborate with application architect on complex stories and solution design.
- Work with scrum master and business partners to plan and refine upcoming sprints.
- Participate in sprint planning sessions with developers to clearly explain the business reasons behind the functionality as well as the detailed functional requirements.
- Liaison with ABAP, JAVA and UI full stack developers as they develop new features and enhancements.
- Review test plans and test scripts with QA leads for quality delivery of new functions and features.
- Perform detailed testing on functionality of stories before migration to the TEST environment.
- Perform validation in the TEST environment before features are promoted to production.
Monitoring and Support:
- Provide post-implementation support for the pricing applications.
- Respond to inquiries from business partners, requests from users, support calls/tickets escalated by help desk.
- Respond to any system anomalies like performance or vulnerability alerts and partner with respective teams to remediate them.
- Off hours support for migrations typically 1-2 nights / month (9pm – 12am).
Infrastructure and Compliance:
- Ensure all software and infrastructure components have the required patches. Plan and deploy updates along with partner teams as needed.
- Contribute to system compliance audits (Ex: HITRUST). Create and maintain proper standard operating procedures as needed.
- Understand and adhere to IS change management policies.
- Identify and execute best practices to ensure a streamlined, reliable deployment and a streamlined, reliable roll-back process.
Please be aware that Medline requires all employees starting in this position to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated by their start date. Medline is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodations to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated for COVID-19 consistent with federal, state, and local law.
- Required Experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field. Or equivalent work experience with desired systems and technologies.
- 2+ years of experience in a business analyst role
- 2+ years of experience working in SAP SD functions
- 1+ year hands-on development experience with ABAP and database tools
- 1+ year in an operations role providing production support for large enterprise grade applications.
- Strong analytical skills to understand business goals and design appropriate solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication. Able to articulate technical information in the language of the audience (business leaders vs technical personnel).
- Understanding of software development lifecycle, as well as agile software development methodologies.
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter, and within a team environment.
- Experience working in a fast paced agile / scrum methodology.
More About Medline:
Medline is the largest privately held manufacturer and distributor of healthcare supplies in the United States, providing more than 550,000 products that serve the entire continuum of care. Our innovative products and programs can be found in most hospitals, extended-care facilities, surgery centers, physician offices, home care dealers, home health agencies and retail outlets.
Founded in 1910, Medline has grown from a small manufacturer of aprons, surgical gowns and uniforms to a thriving $20 billion global enterprise because of our dedicated people, entrepreneurial spirit and honest values.
Again named one of the country’s "Best and Brightest Companies to Work For,” and once again named to Chicago Tribune’s Top Workplaces, Medline has experienced fifty-plus years of consecutive annual growth, and is headquartered in Northfield, IL.