Current employees: Please apply through the employee portal to be considered for this opportunity.
Pay Range:$24.79 - $32.31 Hourly
Exemption Status:United States of America (Non-Exempt)
Closing Date (Open Until Filled if No Date Specified):
This Work Matters!
This recruitment will be open until the position has been filled and may close at any time. If you are interested, please apply without delay.
The Multnomah County Health Department’s Primary Patient Care team is looking for an on-call Licensed Practical Nurse who deeply desires to make a difference in their community.
If you are comfortable in a fast-paced environment, desire a challenge in your career, are passionate about serving our community, and want to be a part of a team that values your expertise, please apply without delay.
You will make a difference in the lives of those in our community while being a part of a team that is supportive and fun. The ideal candidate will be someone who is dependable, has great communication, is flexible, works well in a team, has a positive attitude and a commitment to serve the community. This position provides focused community and clinic health services towards the prevention of disease, the promotion of health, the reduction of disability, improving the client’s self-care, using professional judgement in focused/limited assessments, screening, contributing to care planning, intervention and provides health information/education to patients.
As an On-call Licensed Practical Nurse, you will:
- Utilize electronic reports and review of provider schedules to proactively assess needs for prevention screening and communicate via EHR.
- Pro-actively perform pre-visit activities (e.g scrubbing and huddling) for clients visits as needed.
- Work with providers and team to monitor chronic disease and prevention reports and initiate follow-up with clients or ensure appropriate referrals as needed. Forecasts immunizations.
- Collaborate with Team Clerical Assistants to ensure appropriate tracking and follow-up referrals.
- Lead the team and directs to complete duties, within scope, to support smooth clinic flow.
- Manage team cell phone, desk phone, communicates normal lab results and messages from the care team. Manage provider and team electronic and paper in-baskets.
- Schedule appointments as needed.
- Follow up on specialty referral reports, clinic treatments, prescriptions, medications, cancellations, etc.
- Supports back office clinic flow by direct provider support as needed including rooming patients, ordering labs as directed, giving immunizations and medications (injections, implants, rectal, oral).
- Obtains vital signs and appropriate screenings, collects clinical/nursing assessment data from patients including focused assessments, of ongoing health issues (e.g depression, diabetes, asthma, wound and pain management, and other chronic diseases).
- Prepares patients for exams and procedures, including equipment set up and specimen collection.
- Administers medical treatments such as cleaning and dressing wounds, ear irrigations, suture removal, catheterizations, fluoride treatments, etc.
- Performs diagnostic tests such as labs, phlebotomy, EKG, etc.
- Assists clients with completion of forms (e.g Head Start).
- Completes documentation and charting as required by policy.
We will consider any combination of relevant work experience, volunteering, education, and transferable skills as qualifying unless an item or section is labeled required. Please be clear and specific about how your background is relevant. For details about how we typically screen applications, review our overview of the selection process page.
Minimum Qualifications/Transferable Skills*:
- An Associate's degree or a Bachelor's degree in nursing from an accredited nursing program
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate and valid license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse issued by the State of Oregon by the time of hire
- A minimum one (1) year of nursing experience
- BLS/CPR certification required
Preferred Qualifications/Transferable Skills*: You do not need to have the following preferred qualifications/transferable skills to qualify. However, keep in mind we may consider some or all of the following when identifying the most qualified candidates. Please clearly explain in your application how you meet any of the following preferred qualifications/transferable skills.
- Experience providing services to diverse and vulnerable communities
- Demonstrated experience in primary care
- Experience with Medical Home, FQHC
*Transferable skills: Your transferable skills are any skills you have gained through education, work experience (including the military) or life experience that are relevant for this position. Be sure to describe any transferable skills on your application and clearly explain how they apply to this position.
Screening and Evaluation:
The Application Packet:
You must submit all requested items below. Failure to do so may be deemed as an incomplete application.
1. An online application; AND
2. Resume demonstrating you meeting minimum qualifications; AND
3. A cover letter that expands on your resume, addressing why you are interested in this opportunity and provides specific examples to demonstrate how your experience and skills align with the descriptions in the “Overview” section of this job posting, and meet the minimum and preferred qualifications of this position.
Note: The application, resume, and cover letter should clearly demonstrate your work experience/skills and how they relate to the descriptions provided in the ‘Overview’ and ‘To Qualify’ sections of this job posting. Please be thorough, as these materials will be used to determine your eligibility for an interview.
- Internal applicant: If you are an internal candidate (current employee, including on-call, regular, probationary, limited duration, and temporary employee), your job application will consist of the career profile that you complete in Workday. Before you apply, please make sure to do the following:
- Navigate to your profile in Workday (see: employee launch guide) and click on the “Career” section of your profile. Complete all sections of your career profile (Job History, Education, Skills, Languages, Certifications, etc.).
- When completing the application on Workday as an internal candidate, you will need to scroll down to see the “Resume/Cover Letter” section on your screen. This is the place where you may upload your resume and cover letter by clicking the “Upload” button for EACH document you’d like to upload. There will be no other prompts for you to upload your resume and cover letter.
- External applicant: When completing the application on Workday as an external candidate (including volunteers, unpaid interns, contractors, and community partners) through https://multco.us/jobs, you will come to a page where you will see the "Resume/CV" section. This is the place where you may upload your resume and cover letter by clicking the “Upload” button for EACH document you’d like to upload. There will be no other prompts for you to upload your resume and cover letter.
- Do not click the “Submit” button before you upload your documents.
After You Apply:
- Please save a copy of this job posting for your reference, as it will not be available for you to view online after the job posting closes.
- Log in to your Workday account before the job posting closes to see if you have any pending tasks or actions to complete. These can be found under the “My Applications” section. You must complete these tasks or actions before the job posting closes.
- Check both your email and Workday account for updates regarding this recruitment.
The Selection Process:
- Initial review of minimum qualifications.
- Evaluation of application materials to identify the most qualified candidates.
- Consideration of top candidates in order of rank and score from the list of eligible candidates. This may include phone interviews, panel interviews, and/or additional exams to determine the best candidates for the position.
- Professional reference checks.
Only apply once for this opportunity.
The eligible list established from this recruitment may be used to fill future full-time, part-time, regular, temporary, limited duration, and on-call positions.
Type of Position: This on-call, hourly position is eligible for overtime.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM.
On-call Employee definition: An individual hired to perform sick, vacation, or variable load relief work on a sporadic basis when, in the County's judgment, no other form of appointment is practicable
Location: Southeast Health Center
Benefits: Multnomah County offers a generous benefits package. For more information about our benefit offerings, please visit: https://multco.us/benefits/new-employee-benefits
Diversity and Inclusion: At Multnomah County, we don't just accept difference; we value it and support it to create a culture of dignity and respect for our employees.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran or protected veteran status, genetic information and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available for your reference. Multnomah County is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We request priority protected veteran referrals.
Veterans’ Preference: Under Oregon Law, qualifying veterans may apply for veterans’ preference. Review our veterans’ preference page for details about eligibility and how to apply.
Accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act: We gladly provide reasonable accommodation to anyone whose specific disability prevents them from completing an application or participating in this recruitment process. Please contact the recruiter below in advance to request assistance. Individuals with hearing or speech impairments may contact the recruiter through the Telecommunications Relay Service by dialing 711.
Phone:+1 (503) 9884624 x84624
Application information may be used throughout the entire selection process. This process is subject to change without notice.
Disclaimer: This announcement is intended as a general descriptive recruitment guide and is subject to change. It does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract.