Current employees: Please apply through the employee portal to be considered for this opportunity.
Pay Range:$36.68 - $37.81 Hourly
Department:Department of County Assets (DCA)
Job Type:Regular Represented
Exemption Status:United States of America (Non-Exempt)
Closing Date (Open Until Filled if No Date Specified):September 13, 2020
Do you have a State of Oregon Electrician, Limited Energy Technician, Class A (LEA) license? Are you an experienced Alarm Technician, who has direct knowledge and understanding of working with commercial fire alarms, access control and security systems? If so, we may have an opportunity for you! Come work with us; we are the people who care about the well-being of the community, employees and their families.
Multnomah County's Facilities and Property Management Division is seeking a journey level Alarm Technician to join our team. In this role, you will be the go-to-person for a wide variety of limited energy systems. With your collaborative approach, you will work directly with other trade teams, contractors, and the client on identifying and resolving electronic system problems and/or improvements.
What you will focus on:
- Design, layout, install, repair, and program and upgrade of electronic systems and equipment in accordance with regulations, codes, and the needs of the facility. These systems include:
- Fire Detection Systems
- Intrusion Detection Systems
- Access Control Systems
- Other Low-Voltage Systems, such as nurse/jury calls systems and duress (panic) alarms, etc.
- Perform fire alarm inspection, testing and maintenance in accordance with NFPA chapter 14
Multnomah County has an incredibly diverse workforce; our motto is “All Are Welcome Here”. We value and are committed to the following principles:
- Racially Just - we are committed to specific actions aimed at promoting respect for racial differences and eliminating prejudice and implicit bias.
- Promoting Equity - we create effective, responsive strategies to promote safety, belonging, and trust, both within the workforce and within communities.
- Outcome Oriented - we strive to fulfill commitments and responsibilities and hold ourselves accountable for successful outcomes.
- Communication - we clearly and effectively share information, and encourage conversations with and information flow to employees, partners and community members.
- Building Relationships - we create mutually beneficial relationships with coworkers, customers, and community members based on understanding and respect.
- Learning Agility - we are keenly aware of changing workplace trends and the ability and desire to adapt skills and knowledge, and encourage others to do the same, in order to stay current.
About Us: The Multnomah County Facilities and Property Management Division (FPM) manages over 3.5 million square feet of owned and leased space for County Programs in over 140 locations that range from warehouses to health clinics to jails. The division works with policymakers and departments to align business goals with long-term space requirements while providing a sustainable capital asset preservation program. The division's responsibilities include facilities strategic planning and oversight; planning, design, and construction management for capital improvements; office and building renovations and modifications which include systems, furniture, and program infrastructure improvements, facilities maintenance, and repair; facilities operations; and customer service and support. The Facilities' mission is to provide access to safe, functional and adaptable facilities in a financially responsible, socially equitable and environmentally sustainable manner.
We will consider any combination of relevant work experience, volunteering, education, and transferable skills as qualifying unless an item or section is labeled required. Please be clear and specific about how your background is relevant.
Minimum Qualifications/Transferable Skills:
- Three (3) years of experience working with commercial fire alarm, access control, and security systems including the programming, repair and testing of such systems
- Requires the possession of a State of Oregon Electrician, Limited Energy Technician, Class A (LEA) license
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Ability to pass security records and reference checks
Preferred Qualifications/Transferable Skills: You do not need to have the following preferred qualifications/transferable skills to qualify. However, keep in mind we may consider some or all of the following when identifying the most qualified candidates. Please clearly explain on your application how you meet any of the following preferred qualifications/transferable skills.
- Experience in servicing electronic equipment
- Electronic-related coursework in basic electronics
- National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET) certification
- Experience in large, complex, integrated building systems, such as Notifier, Kantech, and DSC
- Advanced troubleshooting and high level programming
Screening and Evaluation:
The Application Packet:
- A completed online application.
- A resume covering relevant experience and education. Please be sure your resume includes the following for each employer: name of employer, location, dates of employment, your title, a brief summary of your responsibilities, the number of employees under your supervision.
- A cover letter that expands on your resume.
Note: The application, resume and cover letter should demonstrate your work experience/skills and how it is related to those shown in the Overview and To Qualify sections of the job announcement. Please be thorough, as these materials may be scored and determine your eligibility for an interview.
The Selection Process: We expect to evaluate candidates for this recruitment as follows:
- Initial review of minimum qualifications: We may do an additional preferred review and/or send out additional supplemental questions to identify those highest qualified.
- Consideration of top candidates: We will consider qualified candidates in order of rank and score from the list of eligible candidates. This may include panel interview(s), a hiring interview, and/or additional testing to determine the best candidates for a position.
- Background check and reference checks: All finalists must pass a thorough criminal records check and reference check.
This recruitment may be used to fill full-time, part-time, temporary, limited duration and on-call positions.
Type of Position: This hourly union-represented position is eligible overtime.
Location: 401 N Dixon St. Portland, OR 97227
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8-Hour or 10-Hour Shift between the hours of 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Schedule will be finalized during the hiring process.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Multnomah County, we don't just accept difference; we value it and support it to create a culture of dignity and respect for our employees.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran or protected veteran status, genetic information and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available for your reference. Multnomah County is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We request priority protected veteran referrals.
Veterans’ Preference: Under Oregon Law, qualifying veterans may apply for veterans’ preference. Review our veterans’ preference page for details about eligibility and how to apply.
Accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act: We gladly provide reasonable accommodation to anyone whose specific disability prevents them from completing an application or participating in this recruitment process. Please contact the recruiter below in advance to request assistance. Individuals with hearing or speech impairments may contact the recruiter through the Telecommunications Relay Service by dialing 711.
Phone:+1 (503) 9887572 x87572
Application information may be used throughout the entire selection process. This process is subject to change without notice.
Disclaimer: This announcement is intended as a general descriptive recruitment guide and is subject to change. It does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract.