Be unstoppable with us!
T-Mobile is synonymous with innovation–and you could be part of the team that disrupted an entire industry! We reinvented customer service, brought real 5G to the nation, and now we’re shaping the future of technology in wireless and beyond. Our work is as exciting as it is rewarding, so consider the career opportunity below as your invitation to grow with us, make big things happen with us, above all, #BEYOU with us. Together, we won’t stop!
The Sr Data Engineer designs and develops data architectures in on-premise, cloud and hybrid platforms. The Sr Data Engineer collaborates with Data Engineers on analysis, architecture, design, and development of data warehouse and business analytics solutions. This role mentors other team members in their efforts to build data engineering skills.
- Develop data engineering solutions, including data pipelines
- Design and develop data architectures in on-premise, cloud and hybrid platforms
- Data wrangling of heterogeneous data, exploration and discovery in pursuit of new business insights
- Actively chip in to the team’s knowledge and drive new capabilities forward
- Mentor other team members in their efforts to build data engineering abilities
- Assist team management in defining projects, including helping estimate, plan and scope work
- Prepare and give presentations required by management
- Also responsible for other Duties/Projects as assigned by business management as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent education and work experience required.
- 5 plus years developing cloud solutions using data series; experience with cloud platforms (Amazon Web Services, Azure, or Google Cloud)
- Hands-on development using and migrating data to cloud platforms
- Experience in SQL, NoSQL, and/or relational database design and development
- Sophisticated knowledge and experience in building sophisticated data pipelines with Python, Experience in languages such as Python, Java, Scala, and/or Go
• At least 18 years of age
• Legally authorized to work in the United States
• T-Mobile requires all employees in this position to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless precluded from doing so by applicable law. The CDC currently defines “fully vaccinated” as two weeks after the second dose for Pfizer and Moderna, and two weeks after the single dose of Johnson & Johnson. T-Mobile will require proof of vaccination, and will consider requests for exemption from this requirement during the offer phase (1) as a reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs where the accommodation would not cause T-Mobile undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others, or (2) for other reasons under applicable law.
Travel Required (Yes/No):No
DOT Regulated Position (Yes/No):No
Safety Sensitive Position (Yes/No):No
Never stop growing!
T-Mobile doesn’t have a corporate ladder–it’s more like a jungle gym of possibilities! We love helping our employees grow in their careers, because it’s that shared drive to aim high that drives our business and our culture forward.
If you’d like to receive more information about careers at T-Mobile, sign up for the T-Mobile Talent Community today! https://www.tmobile.careers/profile/join/
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.
Talent comes in all forms at the Un-carrier. If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know by emailing ApplicantAccommodation@t-mobile.com or calling 1-844-873-9500. Please note, this contact channel is not a means to apply for or inquire about a position and we are unable to respond to non-accommodation related requests.