MONTBELLO HIGH SCHOOL
About this job:
The New Teacher Ambassador (NTA) is a teacher who, in addition to providing high-quality instruction in their own classroom, amplifies their impact by providing resources and support to new teachers in their building. The NTA provides social emotional and school-based logistical support to teachers new to DPS, including both novice and experienced, in order to build a sense of community, belonging, and understanding of their role. The NTA acts as a communications hub, sharing and reinforcing information from the school’s leadership team and central office. This role does not have release time, but plans and delivers support in addition to their classroom teacher responsibilities. See here for full role description.
What You'll Do:
A New Teacher Ambassador supports each new teacher on his/her caseload in the following areas:
- Increase new teacher understanding of culture, surroundings, systems, and procedures in DPS and at school sites.\
- Increase new teacher sense of support and belonging, leading to increased satisfaction and retention of teachers in building.
- Support transition for seasoned teachers entering DPS from other districts both locally and nationally.
- Improve understanding of events, expectations, and requirements of new teachers in DPS, beginning at point of hire, to ensure new teachers understand summer professional learning opportunities and expectations.
Ultimately, the New Teacher Ambassador will support school growth in the following areas:
- Improve retention and well-being of new teachers.
- Develop a strong, consistent and supportive school culture.
We are excited about you because you will:
- Bachelor's Degree in Education or related field.
- A minimum of one year teaching experience in the school in which candidate will serve as the New Teacher Ambassador (NTA).
- Must meet all licensure and certification requirements for teacher role in the District.
- Must hold a District teacher position that is evaluated through LEAP and responsible for student outcomes in Infinite Campus by time of service (e.g. must be hired into a teaching role in order to be hired into a NTA role).
- Must participate in required training over the summer and during the school year.
- Lead for racial and educational excellence and work to dismantle systems of oppression and inequity in our community, along with believing in and supporting all students so they feel seen and heard with access to high quality education.
- Live and work with a permanent home address in Colorado while working with us.
- Have the ability with or without accommodations to meet the physical demand of the position.
What DPS Offers You:
- A Culture that values Equity, Accountability, Integrity, Collaboration and Fun with a shared vision that Every Student Will Succeed.
- The person serving in this role will receive an annual stipend of $880, in addition to the full salary for his/her teaching role.
- DPS Total Rewards includes time off, health and wellness benefits, and PERA Retirement.