Job Title: Staff Aide
Department: Extended Learning & Community Schools
Location: INSPIRE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Schedule: Monday - Friday 6:15am- 9:00am and/or 2:30pm-6:00pm
Hourly Rate: $15.87/hour
Highlights: Paid professional development trainings, benefits available for those working 20+ hours/week, free enrollment for your child during scheduled shifts
Essential Functions and Objectives:
-Responsible for fostering a positive, nurturing environment leading to best growth and development of children.
- Attend required orientations, trainings, and staff meetings
- Implement high quality programming where students are engaged in a variety of ways
- Maintain open communication with staff, parents, and foster a positive environment for children
- Use positive development strategies
- Deliver curriculum for children in an enriching and engaging manner
- Supervise play areas, create and implement activities, maintain logs and reports, housekeeping, and additional duties as assigned
- Interpret the philosophy of Denver Public Schools and build community with faculty, staff, parents, visitors, and community
- Ensure that Colorado Department of Human Services Child Care, District, and Department policies and procedures are followed
- Provide accurate and timely information on program operation as requested
-Substitute as needed for all program sites as requested by the Senior Supervisors. Perform all duties, as outlined by the specific job description, of the staff for which you are substituting.
Licensure & Certification:
- Cannot be left alone with children unless the incumbent meets the minimum qualifications for a Program Leader or Early Childhood Teacher
Education & Experience:
- Must be able to become First Aid, CPR and Universal Precautions certified
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- High School diploma or equivalent is preferred
Knowledge & Other Qualifications:
- Must pass a CBI (Colorado) and FBI (Federal) background check
- Ability to relate positively to children and adults
- Ability to build relationships and partnerships with diverse people and organizations; strong collaboration skills
- Flexible, self-motivated individual
- Good verbal and written communication skills
About Denver Public Schools:
The Department of Extended Learning and Community Schools supports and strengthens DPS students, families, schools and communities by delivering and facilitating high-quality programs and services that extend beyond the traditional school experience. This includes out-of-school-time programs and volunteer and community partnership services. This work creates safe environments where students and families gain the tools, resources and social competencies they need to achieve success.
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
staff aide, before and after school, extended learning