Job Description SummaryIndependently collect admissions data upon admission to the Main hospital, Ashley River Tower, and Shawn Jenkins Children's Hospital.
EntityMedical University Hospital Authority (MUHA)
Cost CenterCC000517 CHS - Meduflex Team (Main)
Pay Rate TypeHourly
Scheduled Weekly Hours6
- Provides nursing care to patients using the nursing process (assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation).
- Directs and leads other assigned team members and collaborates with multidisciplinary team members to provide age/developmentally appropriate care in accordance with nursing standards of care and practice.
- Provide patient/family centered care using the nursing process and focusing on the physical, emotional, spiritual, cultural, religious, and environmental needs. This includes providing for the assessment, development of nursing diagnoses, outcome identification, planning, implementation of interventions, coordination of care, health teaching and promotion and evaluation of goals and interventions consistent with the policies of MUSC.
- Maintains a safe, therapeutic, and healing environment through ensuring patient privacy and responsive, respectful, accepting, and professional behavior.
- Demonstrates the ability to function in a professional setting through active participation in a professional practice model. This includes participating in shared governance, adherence to standards of care, participation in peer review and professional development promoting leadership and clinical excellence, effective team skills, autonomous practice and acknowledgment of accountability for actions and critical thinking.
- Coordinates the effective and efficient delivery of patient care services through the application of care management principles. Identifies clinical priorities and initiates action to improve patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates ability to function in a professional practice model through active participation in shared governance, promotion of a healthy work environment and acceptance of personal responsibility for professional growth.
Additional Job Description
Experience: At least 1 year of experience as a Registered Nurse; admission experience preferred.
Minimum Training and Education: Bachelor of Nursing degree preferred unless current MUSC employee. RN staff hired on or after July 1, 2013 with an Associate or Diploma degree in nursing are required to be enrolled in an accredited BSN program within two years and successfully obtain a BSN degree within four years of the RN hire or reclassification date.
Required Licensure, Certifications, Registrations: Licensure as a registered nurse by the South Carolina Board of Nursing or a compact state. Current Basic Life Support (BLS) required, either a certification from an American Heart Association (AHA) BLS for Healthcare Providers (or AHA recognized equivalent) or an American Red Cross CPR/AED for Professional Rescuer and Healthcare Provider.
If you like working with energetic enthusiastic individuals, you will enjoy your career with us!
The Medical University of South Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MUSC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, age, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by state laws and/or federal regulations. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment based upon applicable qualifications, merit and business need.
Medical University of South Carolina participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees