Elementary Teacher - 2023-2024 School Year
Henrico, VA, US
HCPS - Crestview Elementary School
Henrico County Public Schools is one of the six largest county public school divisions in Virginia with a nationally recognized educational program. Henrico County is a suburban community surrounding the city of Richmond, VA. We are 104 miles from the Atlantic Ocean to the east; 94 miles from the scenic Sky Line Drive to the west; 106 miles from Washington, D.C. to the north; and 75 miles from the North Carolina border to the south.
Henrico County Public Schools, an innovative leader in educational excellence, will actively engage our students in diverse educational, social and civic learning experiences that inspire and empower them to become contributing citizens.
General Statement of Duties
Ability to plan, organize and deliver instruction to meet individual and group needs utilizing state guidelines and division curriculum.
Exhibits considerable knowledge of learning theory and best practices.
Acts in the best interests of students and models appropriate behaviors in all professional interactions.
- Plans daily instructional activities for all students, demonstrating knowledge of subject matter and using state Standards of Learning and the curriculum of the district
- Uses current school and division data to plan instruction
- Develops formative and summative tests, using multiple tools to assess student learning on an ongoing basis, and alters instruction to meet group and individual needs
- Maintains order within the classroom and school with proactive classroom management and a well-organized learning environment
- Maintains records of student performance and attendance, and communicates this effectively with students and their parents
- Selects, requisitions, and uses a variety of instructional materials to stimulate learning and meet the needs of all students
- Communicates and coordinates instruction with other staff (special ed, gifted, remediation staff, etc.) relative to student learning
- Stays abreast of current educational trends and best practices as these relate to classroom instruction and effective schools
- Maintains professional manner when interacting with students, parents, patrons, community agencies and colleagues
- Incorporates and models appropriate use of technology to support instruction and student learning
- Performs other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree with emphasis in an educational subject area.
A valid professional teaching certificate is required with an endorsement in PreK-6.
Minimum *** annual starting salary: $50,464.37 Bachelors or $52,886.78 Masters. *** NOTE: Salary is based on 2022-2023 fiscal budget as the fiscal plan for the 2023-2024 has not yet been finalized/approved.
Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by the school.
How To Apply
To be considered for the listed vacancy, you must submit an online application and mail, fax, or hand-deliver three (3) written references https://henricoschools.us/wp-content/uploads/References.pdf college transcripts, and a copy of teaching license to:
Henrico County Public Schools
Department of Human Resources
P. O. Box 23120
3820 Nine Mile Road
Henrico, VA 23223
Fax: (804) 652-3763
Henrico County Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities.
EOE/Accommodations Upon Request
Amount of Travel
Work At Home