DENVER DISCOVERY SCHOOL
Hourly, not benefits eligible
Salary Range: $29.35 to $35.59
Essential Functions and Objectives:
- Administers and manages activities within a specific area of a responsibility. Serves as the subject matter expert and applies gained knowledge to execute, maintain and improve systems, programs, or processes.
- Provide students with specialized instruction in order to master a specific art form. This role helps support students to achieve their Arts Endorsed Diploma. There are 11 Art majors.
- Day to day execution: provides various support and conducts activities related to logistics, reporting, training, communications, and processes. Participates in the planning and implementation of new initiative.
- Problem solving: assesses and troubleshoots escalated problems and applies expert understanding to resolve complex challenges of stakeholders; focuses on root cause identification in order to achieve systemic and sustainable improvement. Approves and documents exceptions for compliance record keeping and reporting.
- Collaboration: ensures appropriate key stakeholder involvement in planning, goal-setting, and implementation to achieve buy-in of work products. Ensures purposeful, positive and professional interactions and relationships with all stakeholders; enables consistent application of work products across the district.
- Continuous improvement: identifies opportunities for improvement, prioritizes, and recommends solutions to management. Implements approved enhancements to ensure consistency across the district. identifies opportunities to reduce costs; analyzes available data, trends, and feedback, and ensures compliance with expectations for optimal operation and goal achievement.
- Design/develop programs to include course materials.
- Develop, support and expand partnerships within the organization
- Monitor, supervise, coordinate and enforce rules of conduct and behavior
- Collect performance data
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse community groups.• Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
- 3+ years of expertise associated with the specific art major position that is needed
- Knowledge with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Effective communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Effectively handle multiple demands and competing deadlines
- The ability to take responsibility for one’s own performance
- Work collaboratively with others on a team
- Aptitude for variety and changing expectations and fast-paced environment
- Bachelor's degree required
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.