Support the Health Center’s mission – to promote students’ development as healthy individuals and members of society – by administering and coordinating office activities and facilitating services for illness or injury. Provide patients’ non-clinical needs in a manner that is professional, considerate and supportive of the students’ health, safety and individual development.
This is a per-diem (as needed) position with weekend availability required.
- Ensure that the health center is clean by providing light housekeeping and sanitation including but not limited to: changing linens; washing tables, mattresses and kitchen areas; emptying wastebaskets, and disinfect surfaces.
- Present appealing and timely meals and snacks to students by ordering meals from Dining Services, maintaining stock of food and food supplies, and cleaning the health center’s food service areas. Knowledge of potential allergens and student’s dietary constraints.
- Provide considerate, friendly attention to patients’ non-clinical needs in a variety of ways, including but not limited to responding to inquiries from students and parents, providing linens as needed, and waking sleeping students on a timely basis.
- Documenting and working in the Health Services Electronic Health Records system.
- Follow Academy protocol for admitting and discharging students.
- Provide support for clinical care by assisting with front desk administrative needs and answering phones.
- Register patient temperature and/or weight upon request by clinician.
- When necessary, observe/monitor students who pose safety concerns to themselves or are undergoing an urgent medical condition.
- Maintain strict confidentiality of medical information according to Health Services’ confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Order and pick up meals for sick patients at Dining Hall.
- Gather and dispose of hazardous waste.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Some college experience helpful.
- Experience working with ill or injured patients preferred.
- Familiarity with adolescent issues and experience interacting with adolescents is preferred.
- Experience working with adolescents in an educational setting preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment, under short time constraints, and within established deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and maintain collegial relationships.
- Respect for diversity of identities and experiences, an orientation toward equity and inclusion, and cultural competency in all aspects of Academy life.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with students by building trust and credibility.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills as well as a strong customer focus.
- A strict adherence to confidential policies is required.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously.
- Willingness and ability to learn additional applications as needed.
- High degree of organizational skills with the ability to be flexible and multi-task with accuracy.
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions, maintain a professional demeanor and restraint at all times, including stressful situations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Criminal background check (reviewed every 5 years).
- State of NH Criminal background (upon hire).
- COVID Vaccine Policy: Phillips Exeter Academy requires all community members without a medical or religious exemption to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and remain up to date with COVID-19 vaccine boosters.