KNAPP ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Hours Per Day: 7 Hours
Salary Range: New hires will be set at $21.50 per hour. The salary range for internal candidates is $21.50 to $26.12 per hour.
Subjects and Grades:
* Position begins in school year 2023-2024
* Grade 01 - First
* Grade 02 - Second
* Grade 03 - Third
* Grade 04 - Fourth
* Grade 05 - Fifth
* Moderate Needs
* 1:1 Paraprofessional
Essential Functions and Objectives:
- The Elementary Special Education Paraprofessional supports the educational, behavioral, social-emotional, physical and daily living needs of elementary students with disabilities in integrated, resource, self-contained and community settings.
- Assists in conducting testing and assessment, multi-media activities, record-keeping, computer operation, discipline, and other activities.
- May assist with lifting and transporting of students, as well as daily living activities such as toileting, diapering, feeding, and personal hygiene as trained and directed.
- Serves students from all eligibility categories. May need to teach literacy, math, language skills, behavioral skills, daily living skills, and/or adaptive skills, and may also provide physical care needs.
- Provides instruction at the large group, small group, and individual level. Collaborates with general education staff for successful inclusion of students.
To see what qualifications are acceptable for this role, please refer to this paraprofessional qualifications guide .
-Work Year Calendars (including accrued time off): http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/1129
-Benefits (including DPS contributions): http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/1397
-Compensation Structures: http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/244
-Employee must live and work with a permanent home address in Colorado while working for Denver Public Schools.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.