Position Type:Differential Job Families
Collinwood High SchoolProvides guidance, support and direction for students participating in Cleveland Metropolitan School District sports programs or other approved student activities.
- Develops and administers or assists with the administration of the activity or program throughout the school year including the student selection process, recruitment, training, practices, performance sessions and/or games
- Participates in the schedule developed by the Athletics Department
- Monitors the ongoing program to insure compliance with all pertinent Cleveland Metropolitan School District policies and procedures
- Attends all required organizational meetings conducted by the Athletics Department
- Valid Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certificate is required
- The Ohio Department of Education mandates that any person receiving a supplemental contract to supervise, direct or coach a pupil activity must be certified in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and hold a pupil activity validation (PAV) certificate. All athletic directors have been provided with information relative to securing these certifications. Applicants may contact the athletic director at any District middle or senior high school or the Office of Interscholastic Athletics to obtain this information.
- Previous successful coaching experience preferred
- Knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport/activity and a willingness to seek out new techniques, aspects or procedures for the sport/activity preferred
Please submit your resume and application using Workday, our online human capital management system. Please note that an offer of employment will be subject to the successful completion of an FBI/BCI background check and drug screen.
We believe that equity and inclusion at CMSD is an essential call to action, a catalyst to ensure value and appreciation among all our employees, so we may be fair and welcoming now and in the future. CMSD provides equal opportunities for employment, retention and advancement of all personnel by administering all terms and conditions of employment regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, sex, disability or genetic information, age, citizenship status, military status, sexual orientation or expression, socio-economic status, title, other dimensions of identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The District’s Policy Prohibiting Discrimination, Discriminatory Harassment, and Sexual Harassment and the District’s Title IX grievance procedures, including information on how to report or file a complaint of discrimination, how to report or file a formal complaint of sexual harassment, and how the District will respond, may be accessed on the District’s Civil Rights Notices webpage, available at ClevelandMetroSchools.org/domain/105. The District’s Title IX Coordinator / Director of Equal Employment Opportunity may be reached at:
1111 Superior Avenue East, Suite 1800
Cleveland, Ohio 44114