The International Education Advisor serves with responsibility for study abroad/away and international students, including related processes and systems.
Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Advises students on all aspects of study abroad/away, including administrative and academic policies, application procedures, and scholarship opportunities. Processes study abroad/away applications for acceptance decisions for the Center.
- Manages all processes for Terra Dotta, including study abroad/away application records and the maintenance of all Terra Dotta functions. Creates Rhodes' own study abroad/away programs' applications within Terra Dotta. Liaises with other College departments which use Terra Dotta in their work with study abroad/away students. Performs data reporting on demand and maintains all records.
- Presents study abroad/away information sessions to students and parents.
- Manages the purchasing and invoicing of health insurance for study abroad and international students.
- Organizes study abroad/away fairs, including communications with representatives invited to the College; international student orientation; and occasional night and weekend events.
- Serves as a designated school official (DSO) and provides international student support.
- Oversees web and social media content.
- Stays current on regulations, best practices, and developments in international education.
- Shares in the supervision of the Center's student employees.
- Shares in the Center's clerical workload.
- This position description is for a generalist international education advisor. Other duties will be assigned depending on the candidate's background and experience.
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Two or more years of professional work experience in international education or a closely related field. Experience working with international students.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking.
- Demonstrated commitment to access and inclusion.
- Understanding of study abroad concepts and undergraduate degree requirements.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced Center, adapting to changing demands and priorities with efficiency and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills and accuracy in record-keeping.
- Ability to work collaboratively, both on a team and independently.
- Administrative experience with Terra Dotta or other cloud-based database product.
- Excellent skills with standard PC/Dell and Microsoft products.
- Interest in continual improvement in Center processes.
- Experience living, studying, or working outside the United States for at least 3 months post high school.
- Administrative experience with Terra Dotta and SEVIS.
- Experience with managing or supporting access and inclusion efforts.
- Well-developed student-centered advising skills.
- Strong commitment to professionalism and professional development.
A complete application includes a cover letter, a resume and the names of three references.
Rhodes offers an excellent benefits package and a great working environment. We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity in the workforce.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/E5aG7VUBm2RlueqhXARK