Job Description SummaryThe Certified Nursing Assistant is responsible for caring for the personal needs and comfort of residents. The Certified Nursing Assistant performs routine duties within the limits of training and certification in caring for the long-term care resident. The care is rendered under the supervision of the RN and/or LPN. Performs other duties related to the work described herein.
EntityMedical University Hospital Authority (MUHA)
Cost CenterCC001675 MAR - Standard Care Hall 2 (MNH)
Pay Rate TypeHourly
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
$5,000.00 SIGNON BONUS AVAILABLE UNTIL 11/30/2023
A certified nursing assistant, or CNA, helps patients with activities of daily living and other healthcare needs under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN). CNA’s are also commonly referred to as a Nursing Assistant, Patient Care Assistant (PCA), or a Nurse’s Aide.
Need to talk to a Recruiter? Please contact Shannon Shaw at 843-674-2694 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional Job Description
- High School Graduate or hold a GED certificate and have completed an approved nursing assistant course.
- Clinical experience in a certified nursing assistant program.
- Desirable characteristics include at least one year of experience in a hospital, nursing home or medically related environment.
- Must be able to follow directions and to perform work according to department standards.
- Exhibits mature behaviors and able to function effectively under stress.
- Valid Certification for South Carolina Nurses Aide.
- Current BLS and to be maintained biannually.
- Name not listed on the SC Abuse Registry.
If you like working with energetic enthusiastic individuals, you will enjoy your career with us!
The Medical University of South Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MUSC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, age, sex, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status, family or parental status, or any other status protected by state laws and/or federal regulations. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment based upon applicable qualifications, merit and business need.
Medical University of South Carolina participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees