CCS and Emily Griffith
235 work days
Salary Range: $52,310-$63,482
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Denver Public Schools and Emily Griffith Technical College seek a motivated, outgoing and proactive individual to expand employer partners to meet the needs of our students across the district. As a part of the External Partnerships team, this role is responsible for engaging the business community as well as potential partners in the public, private and non-profit sectors to secure work-based learning opportunities as well as employment opportunities for post-secondary students at Emily Griffith Technical College.
This role will work across the College and Career Success team (CCS) and the Emily Griffith education team to ensure that work-based learning and employment outcome goals are met.
This is a business development role with a heavy emphasis on relationship building, employer outreach and lead generation. The ideal candidate will be results oriented, metric driven, reliable and self-motivated. Previous experience in sales, business development or recruiting preferred. Comfortable with employer outreach, developing and securing jobs in the community through networking, email, phone and in person contact.
This individual is detail-oriented, organized and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. The ability to confidently communicate and interact with corporate executives required. Positive mindset with the ability to build a culture of positivity and collaboration among stakeholders required. The ideal candidate will establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers and partners as well as prioritizes resources and partners for schools with the most need, keeping equity at the forefront.
- Proactively prospect Denver metro area businesses and organizations via phone, email and networking events and attend conferences and networking events for lead generation. Present to industry organizations and community partners throughout the year.
- Manage incoming employer leads and opportunities. Maintain accurate contact and relationship status records in Salesforce and other employer and lead management systems.
- Efficiently assess businesses to determine appropriateness of student work-based learning opportunities. Research and identify key decision makers. Confidently present DPS and Emily Griffith programs to C-Level executives. Provide necessary follow-up to defined action steps.
- Meet weekly, monthly and yearly partnership conversion goals based on student demand for work-based learning opportunities and placement requirements.
- Understands the evolving landscape of the Colorado economy and where opportunity could lie for our students. Understands how to navigate the strategic sales process in large organizations. Understands how to tie our programs to the value propositions of the range of companies that align with our programs. Understands how to communicate to the ecosystem of workforce and employer partners to cultivate relationships, create momentum, and increase partner retention.
- Stays up-to-date on industry growth trends. Navigates effectively in both industry and education organizations. Can run some statistics to prove quantitative value to companies (increased employee retention, reduced turnover cost, reduced hiring cost etc).
- Support and help manage Advisory Committee Meetings
- Other Duties as assigned
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
- Three (3)+ years of related experience.
- Outstanding communication skills: the ability to communicate diplomatically and persuasively
- Effective oral, written and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational and analytic skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and juggle management of several high-priority projects in parallel. Ability to set goals, work independently and drive results.
- Self-starter who can anticipate department needs in a proactive (versus, reactive) manner.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Google Suite products.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
- Work Year Calendars (including accrued time off): http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/1129
- Benefits (including DPS contributions): http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/1397
- Compensation Structures: http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/244
- Employee must live and work with a permanent home address in Colorado while working for Denver Public Schools.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.