At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK requires all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. This is based on the COVID-19 vaccines’ high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients.
Beginning on February 21, 2022, MSK will require all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of complete COVID-19 vaccination series + booster (once eligible). Individuals currently eligible for a COVID-19 booster must get their booster, or have an approved exemption as a condition of employment at MSK. Individuals can get their COVID-19 booster 5 months after receiving their second dose of either the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine, or 2 months after the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Individuals who are not yet eligible for a booster must meet this criteria within 30 days of becoming eligible.
Clinical Nurse Specialist - Outpatient Service
We are: At MSK, we recognize and champion the role of the Clinical Nurse Specialist and how it enhances the clinical setting and the value it provides to our patient population.
Our highly skilled nursing team at Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK) includes over 40 Clinical Nurse Specialists. Each of us is dedicated to delivering excellence in the art and science of professional nursing, consistent with our mission to provide compassionate, evidence-based nursing care to patients and families living with cancer in a healing and innovative environment.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, information across multiple treatment sites
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Effective at gaining the support and commitment of others by engaging them around your point of view and priorities.
- Provide clinical leadership in the areas of evidence-based oncology nursing practice, education, consultation and research.
- Provide support to MSK's patients with a cancer diagnosis and the nursing staff who care for them.
- Coordinate implementation of practice standards with colleagues across sites.
- Demonstrate positive patient and staff quality outcomes as it relates to nurse sensitive indicators and patient and staff satisfaction.
- Promote a patient centered environment through collaboration with the nursing leaders and multidisciplinary teams.
- Support and foster Relationship Based Care in all aspects of care delivery.
- Disseminate MSK oncology nursing practice standards and outcomes through abstract submission, podium presentation and evidence-based research findings.
- Current NYS RN license with CNS qualification required
- National certification
- 3+ years of related experience
- Experience in an advanced nursing role strongly preferred
- Breast oncology experience preferred
- Self-direction and strong interpersonal skills are essential
Hours: 10-hour shifts with a flexible work schedule
Competitive compensation packages | Generous Vacation, Sick time + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Enticing Tuition Reimbursement | Paid Maternity/Paternity & Adoption Assistance | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Individual mentoring and professional development support | Advanced degree award program eligibility