Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
SCHOOL BUS MECHANIC, 1st Shift Location: Transportation
Position: 12 Months, 8 Hours Status: Non-Exempt
Hours: 6:00 am – 2:30 pm
Open Date: 8/12/2022 Closing Date: 10/2/2022
Essential Job Functions:
• Perform preventive maintenance on school buses and other vehicles according to a pre-determined schedule
• Perform repairs on school buses and other vehicles on an “as needed” basis
• Inspect buses prior to the start of school, and affix State of Missouri inspection sticker as prescribed by law
• Assist in preparation of school bus fleet for the annual State Highway Patrol inspection
• Install special adaptive equipment in buses on an “as needed” basis
• Deliver spare buses to breakdown location; attempt to bring disabled bus back to shop
A high school diploma or GED is required. Minimum of 3 to 5 years experience as a vehicle mechanic, with a thorough knowledge of both diesel and gasoline powered equipment. Experience in school bus maintenance preferred. Must have or be able to acquire own hand tools. Must be licensed by the State of Missouri as an Inspector-Mechanic. Must hold a Commercial Driver’s License without air brake restriction.
Ability to sit, stand, bend and reach while working on vehicles. Ability to drive all types of vehicles, and to climb into, on or under vehicles to perform maintenance and repairs. Ability to lift parts and components as needed. Ability to move throughout transportation facility.
Ability to function in a multi-tasking, deadline oriented environment. Flexibility to adapt to changing operational conditions. Excellent interpersonal and public relations skills. Ability to function in high stress situations. Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing. Ability to read, learn and respond to a variety of job related subjects.
Works in vehicle maintenance facility that is heated but is not air-conditioned. Summer temperatures can be extremely high. Occasionally works outside hot or cold temperatures. Noise level in shop can be high.
Education | Transportation & Logistics