Job no: 528081
Entity: MUSC Physicians University Medical Associates
Department: Bu/Multi-Specialty Outreach
Sub Department: UMA05-010-Outr Family Medicine
Work type: Full-Time
Employee Type: MUSCP - Staff
Location: Charleston, SC-Downtown
Categories: Allied Health & Laboratory Services
Pay scale: MUSCP-G07: $26,844.90 - $40,371.34 (min - max)
DELIVERING. INNOVATING. TEACHING. INSPIRING.
Just a few of the reasons why you should join the team that is CHANGING WHAT'S POSSIBLE.
We are changing what's possible in health care through our ongoing mission to provide excellence in patient care, teaching, and research.
Entity/Organization: MUSC Physicians (MUSCP)
Hours per week: 40
Scheduled Work Hours/Shift:Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Pay Basis/FLSA: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Job Summary/Purpose: Responsible for quality patient care under the direction of a physician or licensed healthcare provider in a clinical practice. Duties include rooming patients, taking vitals and health history, documenting in an electronic medical record, giving injections and assisting with minor procedures.
Required Minimum Training and Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Completion of an accredited medical assisting program with one year of patient care experience preferred.
Required Licensure, Certifications, Registrations: Must be certified through American Medical Technologist (AMT), American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), National Healthcareer Association (NHA), or Medical Career Assessments (MedCA). Current BLS required.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates care and functions as a liaison between registration staff and clinical staff to facilitate the efficient flow of patients throughout the system. Rooms patients, taking vitals and health history.
- Confers with physicians regarding need, urgency, and appropriateness of visits, if needed. Assesses and reviews physician orders to assist with scheduling patients in a timely fashion.
- Documents all patient care activities in the electronic medical record to include disposition of patient telephone calls, medication list, etc. Generates ancillary requests updates medicines as needed in EMR (electronic medical record).
- Gives injections and assists with minor procedures.
- Participates in performance improvement /research activities designed to improve patient care, and/or organizational processes.
- May be asked to assist with front and clinical areas in the absence of other staff.
Physical Requirements: Continuous requirements are to perform job functions while standing, walking and sitting. Ability to bend at the waist, kneel, climb stairs, reach in all directions, fully use both hands and legs, possess good finger dexterity, perform repetitive motions with hands/wrists/elbows and shoulders, reach in all directions. Ability to be qualified physically for respirator use, initially and as required. Maintain 20/40 vision corrected, see and recognize objects close at hand and at a distance, work in a latex safe environment and work indoors. Frequently lift, lower, push and pull and/or carry objects weighing 50 lbs (+/-) unassisted, exert up to 50 lbs of force, lift from 36” to overhead 25 lbs. Infrequently work in dusty areas and confined/cramped spaces.