If you are not currently a DPS Paraprofessional or Teacher you must first apply to the general Paraprofessional Job Opportunities posting before applying to a specific school. If you have not completed this process you will find the Apply Now button above is not available. Candidates who are not current DPS employees may apply to the general paraprofessional position here or by searching the DPS Job Board for job ID 40281. Current DPS employees will find the Paraprofessional Job Opportunities position listed under the Hot Jobs section of Opportunities in their Employee Space.
DENVER GREEN SCHOOL NORTHFIELD
Hours Per Day: 7
Salary Range: New hires will be set at $15.89 per hour. The salary range for internal candidates is $15.89 to $16.52 per hour.
Date Range: October 26, 2020 - December 18, 2020
Subjects and Grades:
* Position begins in school year 2020-2021
* Grade 06 - Sixth
* Grade 07 - Seventh
* Multi-Intensive Autism (MI-A) Center Program
Essential Functions and Objectives:
- The Secondary Special Education paraprofessional supports the educational, behavioral, social-emotional, physical and daily living needs of middle and high school level students with disabilities in integrated, resource, self-contained and community settings. Assists in conducting testing and assessment, multi-media activities, record-keeping, computer operation, discipline, and other activities. May assist with lifting and transporting of students, as well as daily living activities such as toileting, diapering, feeding, and personal hygiene as trained and directed.
Knowledge, Experience, & Other Qualifications:
- Some positions may require the transportation of students, in which case a valid Colorado driver’s license, auto insurance, and a good driving record are required.
- Teaches and manages a self-contained classroom for students with autism spectrum disorders, whose educational needs center on development of academics, social-emotional and adaptive behavior skills.
To see what qualifications are acceptable for this role, please refer to this paraprofessional qualifications guide.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.