Duke Regional Hospital has served Durham, Orange, Person, Granville and Alamance counties and the surrounding communities for nearly 40 years. With more than 1,900 employees, its focus is on providing outstanding medical care with compassionate, personalized service in a comfortable community hospital setting. Duke Regional Hospital has 369 inpatient beds and offers a comprehensive range of medical, surgical and diagnostic services, including orthopedics, weight-loss surgery, women's services, and heart and vascular services, and also offers care at the Duke Rehabilitation Institute and Davis Ambulatory Surgical Center. In fiscal year 2018, Duke Regional Hospital admitted 16,299 patients and had 165,953 outpatient visits in fiscal year 2017.
U.S. News & World Report ranked Duke Regional Hospital as #10 in North Carolina and #4 in the Raleigh-Durham area for 2018-19.
Performs routine manual housekeeping work cleaning areas within a DUHS entity.
- Empty trash.
- Clean, mop, scrub, sweep or vacuum floors, stairways, and halls.
- Clean, wash, dust, or polish hardware, brass, furniture, mirrors, bedside lighting fixtures, vents, radiators, and exteriors of cabinets and equipment.
- Clean patient rooms and/or offices thoroughly by mopping floors, washing furniture, scrubbing plastic cushions, frames and cleaning and washing bathroom fixtures and walls.
- Clean drinking fountains, ice-making machines and sand urns
- Clean blinds with damp cloth or vacuum.
- Report repairs needed to supervisors including broken or cracked window panes, leaky faucets, toilets, loose tiles, broken blinds and damaged furniture.
- Follow all universal precautions, blood borne pathogen procedures and use personal protective equipment as needed while cleaning patient care areas.
- May dust mop, wax and buff floors and shampoos carpets.
- May be required to perform 'Seven Step' cleaning of all surgical areas, wall cleaning, machine scrubbing of floors (no finish) and related tasks with particular attention to specialized needs in the surgical area.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of basic housekeeping and cleaning procedures.
- Ability to maintain a high standard of cleanliness and odor control in work area.
- Ability to read, write and follow direct written and oral instructions.
- Ability to integrate age-appropriate response to the specific needs of the patient and visitor.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with other employees.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
If required to drive a DUHS vehicle, must have a valid N.C. driver's license in their possession and a good driving record.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.