Come join our Medline team in Hartland, WI! Medline is a great place to work and offers employee-friendly perks and benefits.
WHO WE ARE: Medline is the largest privately held manufacturer and distributor of medical supplies uniquely positioned to provide products, education and support across the continuum of care. Our ability to bring best practices from one care setting to another — from large healthcare systems and independent physician practices to home health patients and their families, is what sets us apart. To learn more about our company, check out the following link! https://www.medline.com/pages/about-us/our-company/
Under direction of the Production Supervisor and the Production Lead, the Operator II operates production equipment according to instructions to ensure proper operations, safety and product output. This key role coordinates team activities to ensure that production machines operate safely, properly and efficiently.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Certified to operate multiple lines of equipment in accordance with company policy and procedure
2. Perform setup/startup/shutdown of equipment, changeovers, code/liquid/applicator/packaging changes, sanitizing & cleaning equipment, facility cleaning, material handling including maintain operational certification.
3. Prepare product for transfer and/or final processing. Inspect product output for quality and accuracy.
Routine inspections of finished goods and completion of applicable quality documents in accordance with established procedures and specifications.
4. Read and understand procedures for individual pieces of equipment to run efficiently.
Apply understanding of the mechanical characteristics of machines adequately to set up and operate the unit safely without damaging equipment.
Observe various machine failures and make corrections and/or get maintenance involved as needed.
5. Perform machine clean-up, set-up, and minor machine maintenance such as cleaning debris from machine. Perform daily, weekly and monthly machine inspections. Documents issues and reviews documentation of others on the line for accuracy. Has working knowledge of machines that they are certified on. Contacts maintenance with concerns.
6. Understand the process and individual machine operating parameters adequately to produce quality products as required by established process specifications.
7. Respond to machinery breakdowns and/or material upsets and restore machine to working condition minimizing downtime. Contact maintenance if required.
8. Operate automated pick and place boxing lines, loading boxes on skids, shrink wrapping, and hauling the pallets to a finished goods area with a pallet jack.
9. Ensure accurate and timely completion of all paperwork and reports with required signoffs.
Complete required documentation in accordance with documentation standards
10. Complete regular cleaning of equipment and production areas as required.
11. Perform duties as backup to other positions. Complete other projects as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 6 months experience running a production line in a manufacturing environment.
- Critical thinking and problem solving ability.
- Ability to read, write, and understand the English language.
- Must be able to read and understand charts, indicators, instructions on controls, operator checklists.
- Read, write, and understand the English language.
- Ability to instruct others (Operator 1).
- Basic math skills including fractional / decimal equations.
- Must be able to stand for an entire shift. Must have the ability to lift, reach, squat, push, and pull.
- Requires lifting of objects up to 50 lbs.
- Willing to work in warm and cold environments.
- Must be able to operate a pallet jack.