Location: SOUTH HIGH SCHOOL
Hourly: not benefits eligible
Salary Range: Salary is based upon the DCTA agreement with DPS. More information can be found in Article 32 of the DCTA agreement. Payments will be paid in either an hourly wage or in the form of a stipend for current salaried DPS teachers. Seasonal non-benefitted position.
About this job:
Coaches help athletes to play their best individually or as a team in sports such as but not limited to: football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, rowing, tennis, and golf.
What You'll Do:
- Teach fundamental and advanced athletic skills to athletes in order to prepare them for competition.
- Knowledgeable about sports equipment, physical fitness, and safety.
- Become an expert on the rules, strategies, and techniques required for the sport.
- Support the coordination and recruitment of student participant.
We are excited about you because you will:
- Have at least a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Have a current CPR Certification or the ability to obtain one prior to coaching (online CPR not accepted).
- Teacher Certification is preferred.
- Completion of CHSAA coaching registration (if qualified certificated teacher not available).
- Have previous coaching experience or experience working with urban youth and or teaching experience (preferred but not required)
- Lead for racial and educational excellence and work to dismantle systems of oppression and inequity in our community, along with believing in and supporting all students so they feel seen and heard with access to high quality education.
- Live and work with a permanent home address in Colorado while working with us.
- Have the ability with or without accommodations to meet the physical demand of the position
What DPS Offers You:
- A Culture that values Equity, Accountability, Integrity, Collaboration and Fun with a shared vision that Every Student Will Succeed.
- Salary is paid hourly or in the form of a stipend for current salaried DPS employees. Click here for more information on compensation for these roles.
- In addition to competitive compensation, DPS has other Total Reward offerings such as; time off, health and wellness benefits, and PERA Retirement.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender expression, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or any other status protected by law or regulations. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.