License and Certification Qualifications: None required.
Education Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
Experience Qualifications: Two years of experience in application development or similar work required. Experience with a variety of tools such as MS SQL, SSRS, net preferred. Two years of experience working with Student Information Systems also preferred.
Skills Qualifications: Ability to translate logic to solve application problems; working knowledge of relational database design, including tables, views and indexes; understanding of the Systems Development Process (Design, Debugging, Documentation, Testing, Maintenance); ability to communicate effectively and to work well with others; strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask; and ability to work across functional boundaries and interact with employees at all levels of the organization.
Primary Responsibilities: Support the design, development, testing, and implementation of data integration between and among the various data stores and applications.
1. Support data integration by assisting with the delivery of solutions and answering technical and procedural questions.
2. Review data sources; define, analyze and validate data objects; identify the relationship among data objects.
3. Support the district by integrating data shared across legacy, new development, and purchased package environments.
4. Modify functions, programs, routines, and stored procedures to export, transform, and load data.
5. Support data integrity by documenting operational procedures and data connections.
6. Understand and use SQL databases (Structured Query Language), and utilize JSON (Java Script Object Notation) as well as APIs (Application Programming Interface).
7. Monitor and process inbound and outbound data files leveraging available tools and reporting.
8. Provide ongoing support of data integration activities.
9. Maintain knowledge in current technologies and industry strategies by participating in education opportunities, training, and reviewing professional publications.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time. The employee is also required to talk, hear, stand and walk. The employee may be required to use hands to touch, handle, and/or reach. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Possible prolonged exposure to cold and noise in a server machine room. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
Computer Science & IT | Education