Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
Des Moines Public Schools is seeking a Special Education Associate.
This position will provide academic support to students in Kindergarten and 1st grade special education and/or general education.
There is a $2,000.00 hiring bonus for this position paid over 24 pay periods (1 year).
Assist teachers in the instruction, supervision and care of students with disabilities in a variety of instructional settings, including special education, general education and work/community settings. This position requires continuous use of independent judgment.
Successful candidates for this position will possess:
High School Diploma, HiSET or G.E.D. and One of the following: (1) 48 credit hours post-secondary education, or (2) associate’s degree or higher, or (3) paraeducator certification from Board of Educational Examiners, or (4) combined score of 150 or higher on the COMPASS test, or (5) a passing score on the AccuPlacer test.
Highly Qualified Candidates for the position will possess:
Successful work or volunteer experience with disabled population.
Supervisory experience with school age children
Please see attached job descripton for further information on functions of the position along with educational and experience requirements.
Salary starting at $16.46
Des Moines Public Schools offers a generous benefits package including:
- Enrollment in IPERS (Iowa Public Employee Retirement System)--a defined benefit plan
- Single and Family Health Insurance at no cost to the employee during the first plan year of employment (July 1 - June 30). Premium cost is $600/year after that.
- Employees can earn up to $600/year via participation in the Healthy U program.
- Des Moines Public Schools Benefit Information: https://dmschools.b-cdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/DMPS-Benefits-Guide-FY-2023.pdf
- Des Moines Insurance plan information : Employee Benefits - Des Moines Public Schools (dmschools.org)
- Current Monthly premiums paid by the district for eligible employees (subject to change effective July 1):
3. Single Dental insurance at no cost to the employee. Family Dental Insurance with a minimal monthly cost ($50 per month for most employees).
4. Family Vision Insurance at no cost to the employee for eligible employees. Not all employee groups are eligible.
To prospective employees, we invite you to come here. You will form bonds here, grow here, learn new skills here, and achieve here. But most of all, you will become here. Find out more about Becoming "The Best You" Here at Des Moines Public Schools.