Current employees: Please apply through the employee portal to be considered for this opportunity.
Pay Range:$38.01 - $46.79 Hourly
Exemption Status:United States of America (Non-Exempt)
Closing Date (Open Until Filled if No Date Specified):September 28, 2020
Join a team that includes Portland's most outstanding healthcare professionals!
Are you a Registered Dental Hygienist with a passion for working in a public health environment where you can serve culturally diverse populations?
If so, this may be the career move you've been looking for!
This recruitment will be used to fill On-call Registered Dental Hygienist positions in the Health Department Dental Clinics.
Integrated Clinical Services provides quality health services for people who experience barriers to accessing care. The vision of Integrated Clinical Services is to provide services that are integrated and connected to support optional health, reducing wait times and optimizing access.
The Dental Program works with many community partners, targeting underserved populations in Multnomah County to ensure access to dental services including providing education, prevention and dental treatment.
Candidates must be licensed to practice dental hygiene in the State of Oregon, including local anesthesia. Successful candidates will have exceptional teamwork and customer service skills and have a desire to work collaboratively with the entire dental team. Prior experience in public health or a community based setting is preferred. Our clinics provide clinical services to adults and children in immigrant and other underserved populations.
As a Dental Hygienist with Multnomah County Health Department you will:
- Provide comprehensive clinical dental hygiene services , including prophylaxis, scaling, root planing, fluoride application, periodontal charting, treatment planning and therapy, dental radiographs, sealants, administer topical and local anesthesia;
- Demonstrate oral hygiene methods and develop individual prevention plans for each patient;
- Accurate charting and ability to maintain excellent asepsis and infection control.
- Maintain chain of infection control during patient care and charting and takes responsibility for infection control throughout the clinic. Maintains and follows all safety standards and protocols.
- Sterilize instruments used for the practice of hygiene and other instruments as time permits
- All other duties as assigned
Salary: $38.01 hourly (Step 1)
We will consider any combination of relevant work experience, volunteering, education, and transferable skills as qualifying unless an item or section is labeled required. Please be clear and specific about how your background is relevant.
Required Minimum Qualifications/Transferable Skills:
- Two years experience as a registered dental hygienist.
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree in Dental Hygiene.
- License or Certificate: Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate and valid license to practice dental hygiene issued by the State of Oregon. Oregon dental hygiene license must include, or have the ability to obtain, a local anesthesia permit; current Healthcare Provider CPR certification or the ability to obtain the certification.
*Transferable skills: Your transferable skills are any skills you have gained through education, work experience (including the military) or life experience that are relevant for this position. Be sure to describe any transferable skills on your application and clearly explain how they apply to this position.
The Application Packet: You must submit all requested items below. Failure to do so will be deemed as an incomplete application.
- A job application (If you do not address the minimum qualifications your application will be considered incomplete and will not move forward in the recruitment process.)
- Cover Letter. Provide your certification number, name on certification and expiration date.
The Selection Process: For details about how we typically screen applications, review our overview of the selection process page. We expect to evaluate candidates for this recruitment as follows:
- Initial review of application, resume, and cover letter. If you do not address the minimum qualifications in the application or resume your application will be considered incomplete and will not move forward in the recruitment process.
- Phone screen
- Oral exam
- Consideration of top candidates
- Language assessment (if applicable)
- Background, reference, and education checks
Diversity and Inclusion: At Multnomah County, we don't just accept difference; we value it and support it to create a culture of dignity and respect for our employees.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran or protected veteran status, genetic information and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available for your reference. Multnomah County is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We request priority protected veteran referrals.
Veterans’ Preference: Under Oregon Law, qualifying veterans may apply for veterans’ preference. Review our veterans’ preference page for details about eligibility and how to apply.
Accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act: We gladly provide reasonable accommodation to anyone whose specific disability prevents them from completing an application or participating in this recruitment process. Please contact the recruiter below in advance to request assistance. Individuals with hearing or speech impairments may contact the recruiter through the Telecommunications Relay Service by dialing 711.
Phone:+1 (503) 9888647 x88647
Application information may be used throughout the entire selection process. This process is subject to change without notice.
Disclaimer: This announcement is intended as a general descriptive recruitment guide and is subject to change. It does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract.