The Technology Software Engineer will work with a team of other software developers and network and systems engineers to design, implement, and deploy software which meet customer's requirements, scales easily, removes the limitations of traditional networking solutions, and supports deployment in highly available environments.
The engineer will participate in architecture and design of various software components focused on creating applications that leverage technologies such as virtualization, micro services, SDN, NFV, and Big Data platforms and technologies. Works on technical assignments that are semi routine in nature but recognizes that need for occasional deviation from accepted practice. Normally follows established procedures on routine work, requires instructions only on new assignments.
What you'll do in your role.
?Technical System Expertise:
Technical Engineering Services:
- Understands system protocols, how systems operate and data flows. Aware of current technology benefits. Expected to independently develop a full software stack. Understands the building blocks, interactions, dependencies, and tools required to complete software and automation work.
- Independent study of current technology is expected. Interact with system engineers to define system requirement and/or necessary requirements for automation.
- Supports engineering projects by developing software solutions; conducting tests and inspections; preparing reports and calculations. Expected to supervise associate engineers on occasion.
- Presents new ideas which improve an existing system/process/service.
- Presents new ideas which utilize new frameworks to improve an existing system/process/service.
- Express new perspectives based on independent study of the industry. Review current company processes to highlight questions that may drive process refinement.
- Maintains knowledge of existing technology documents.
- Writes basic documentation on how technology works.
- Contributes clear documentation for new code and systems used.
- Documenting systems designs, presentations, and business requirements for consumption at the engineer level.
- Collaborates with technical teams and utilizes system expertise to deliver technical solutions.
- Continuously learns new technologies.
- Understands current technology that supports business goals.
The experience you'll bring.
- 2-4 Years Technical Engineering Experience developing Code, while working with Teradata and Unix environments
- Proven experience supporting back office reporting into finance, marketing, and supply chain
- Ability to work with leadership at the highest level to clear reports for our Metro, Srpint, and Wholesaler business for T-Mobile
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Engineering