School Nutrition Program activities involved in the preparation and service of food and the clean-up of the kitchen and serving areas.
- High School diploma or equivalent GED.
- Previous food service experience, preferred.
- Physical activities including lifting up to 50 lbs. several times per day. Standing more than 80% of the work day on hard floor surfaces. Frequent bending, stooping and having hands in water.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to handle and use cleaning and sanitizing chemicals including aerosol chemicals.
- Ability to acclimate to extreme temperatures ranging from extremely hot to sub-zero.
- Operates equipment that poses possible risk, loss or injury.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions in English.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Understands and follows standardized recipes.
- Meets and follows all food handling standards (temperatures, hand washing, gloves, hairnets, etc.)
- Follows proper portion control requirements.
- Meets all serving schedule deadlines.
- Assures that food is attractively served.
- Ensures that hot and cold foods are served at the appropriate temperature.
- Rotates stock using the FIFO method.
- Dates all food items on the date received.
- Covers, labels and dates prepared and opened food. Dates include preparation, frozen and use by dates.
- Records food, refrigerator and freezer and dry storage temperatures appropriately.
SAFETY AND SANITATION
- Assures equipment and work area are cleaned, sanitized and stocked prior to end of shift.
- Utilizes and stores cleaning chemicals correctly.
- Complies with all food safety program guidelines including food service health regulations and HACCP standards.
CUSTOMER SERVICE AND TEAM WORK
- Displays a positive, cooperative attitude to customers.
- Promotes effective working relationships and works as part of the team.
- Utilizes resources, supplies and time effectively and efficiently.
- Follows money-handling procedures.
- Demonstrates prompt and regular attendance.
- Participates in training, in-service and other learning opportunities.
- Demonstrates ability to work in other areas (cross-trained).
- Adheres to SNP approved dress code and personal hygiene standards.
- Preforms other duties as assigned.
- Completes all job duties accurately following all local, state and federal regulations.
Click to View Salary Schedule: Classified Schedule (See Pay Grade 4)