OFFICE OF TALENT
Traditional 235 work days
Salary Range: $80,159 - $92,962
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Responsible for maintaining the operational and transactional responsibilities of the department. Manages the coordination of day to day activities of a specific business function. Primary emphasis is achieving results by building engagement and empowering their teams. May have exposure for district wide initiatives.
Leads the design and implementation of the District’s strategy for professional learning coherence and quality, including leading complex collaboration across departments and divisions and leading the high quality execution of large-scale professional learning events and professional learning systems. As part of the professional learning strategy, leads in designing and implementing resources, training and supports for all facilitators of professional learning in service of consistently high-quality learning experiences for teachers and leaders in alignment with district goals and areas of focus. Finally, oversees the implementation of the Professional Development Unit system established in the contractually bargained agreement with the Denver teachers union (DCTA) as well as evaluation of district professional learning in service of continuous improvement and assessment of impact.
- Designs and leads the organization’s strategy for coherent, aligned, differentiated and effective district-wide professional learning opportunities.
- Manages collaboration with and builds content design and facilitation capacity in teams and individuals across the divisions in service of high impact, best practice professional learning within district priority areas.
- Leads all aspects of large-scale professional learning events and experiences, including working with senior leadership to align on a shared vision and managing all content development across teams; provides leadership for all operational aspects, including registration materials, attendance systems and managing in-person support.
- Oversees the effective implementation of high-quality district-wide professional learning systems, including guiding the work to implement and continuously improve resources and processes for the Professional Development Unit (PDU) system and ensuring the build out of effective and efficient systems and structures for online and blended learning in order to increase access to quality professional learning.
- Develops and implements systems and resources to more effectively measure the quality and impact of professional learning, including feedback tools, assessment of impact on student outcomes and changes to practice as a result of learning.
- Acts as a liaison and connector across the team to identify opportunities for collaboration and coherence; serves as a representative of the team in district leadership settings to support coherence and connections across the system.
- Ensures systemic best practices around inclusive and equitable professional learning environments.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
- Five (5) or more years of expertise in adult learning practices required.
- Three (3) or more years of experience with leading strategy design and implementation required.
- Three (3) years of experience working within a school district or other education organization preferred.
- Two (2) or more years of management responsibilities.
- Valid driver's license, appropriate insurance coverage, and an acceptable driving record for the past three years.
- Prior experience successfully leading a team toward shared outcomes and goals.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
- Strong organizational and analytic skills and strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter/leader who can anticipate department needs in a proactive (versus, reactive) manner.
- Ability to motivate and influence others and effectively lead a team.
- Ability to multi-task and juggle management of several high-priority projects in parallel.
- High degree of integrity in handling confidential information.
- Skilled in building relationships and collaboration across diverse teams and individuals.
- Highly engaged, proactive, able to ask tough questions and challenge others in a non-disruptive way.
- Capable of thriving in circumstances involving ambiguity and nuance in complex environment.
- Ability to define priorities, outline a scope of work in service of the priorities, develop milestones, and track progress.
- Innovative and entrepreneurial, thinking outside the box to develop creative solutions.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Proficiency with online registration and tracking programs preferred (Learning Management Systems, Content Management Systems, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Master’s Degree is preferred.
Our Human Resources Team is an integral part of DPS. Although we aren’t always in the schools, we’re in it for the kids. We work closely with our school leaders to ensure we’re putting great teachers in every classroom, and take great care to ensure DPS hires and retains the highest quality candidates for all roles throughout the district. We do this by incorporating our Shared Core Values—Students First, Integrity, Equity, Collaboration, Accountability and Fun – into everything we do. Additionally, we support retention of our valued team members in a variety of ways including facilitating professional development and performance management activities and designing and managing Total Rewards Programs to help Team DPS achieve health and wellness for themselves and their families. When you join us, you join a dedicated, diverse team of over one hundred professionals who come from many walks of life. One thing we all share is a deep sense of commitment to support Denver Public Schools’ vision: Every Child Succeeds.
- Work Year Calendars (including accrued time off): http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/1129
- Benefits (including DPS contributions): http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/1397
- Compensation Structures: http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/244
- Employee must live and work with a permanent home address in Colorado while working for Denver Public Schools.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.