Job no: A75751
Entity: Medical University Hospital Authority (Medical Center)
Department: Columbia Regional - Columbia Medical Center Downtown
Sub Department: MUHA-9405300-GENERAL ACCOUNTING
Work type: Full-Time
Employee Type: MUHA-Regular
Location: Columbia, SC
Categories: Finance & Revenue Cycle
Pay scale: MUHA-Grade 08: $26,671.13 - $35,094.70 (min - mid)
- Accurately processes and posts daily vendor invoices. Verifies accuracy of GL codes.
- Open and sort accounts payable daily mail (invoices, purchase orders) for processing.
- Items that are not processed through the materials management system, verify expense codes, signatures (approvals), and amounts of payments.
- Process the voiding of checks or canceling disbursements requested when applicable.
- Review vendor monthly statements for outstanding invoices and follow-up as considered necessary.
- Prepare necessary schedules for month-end accruals for items that were not posted into the accounts payable system by the month-end cutoff date.
- Prepare necessary schedules for items that were prepaid expenses.
- Post payment requests for patient refund checks and coordinate with Patient Financial Services.
- Monitor, review and maintain information for the issuance of 1099's.
- Calculate use tax on invoices as appropriate.
- Prepare daily work to be audited (reviewed by A/P Supervisor) on the next working day.
- File invoices/payment requests once they have been audited
Minimum Work Experience
Two (2) to (4) four years work experience in a computerized accounting department. Two to four years experience in hospital accounts payable preferred.
Knowledge of hospital accounting terminology and procedures preferred. Strong background in accounting and data entry desired. High school diploma and relevant experience as listed below.
Complete two (2) hours of Compliance training in orientation and one hour of refresher Code of Conduct (Compliance)Training annually.