As a Senior Manager within the Credit Risk Management team, you will be required to wear multiple hats. You must have a superior blend of business, analytical and/or statistics skills, presentation skills, project management skills, and the ability to develop strong partnerships/relationships with key business partners. You will work closely with the Credit Risk Management leadership team, the Financial Services organization, corporate functional leaders to define overall credit risk strategy by providing analytics insights and innovative problem-solving recommendations.
You will be responsible for identifying new credit segmentation or business strategy opportunities to drive enhancements to our credit decision process and policies. You will lead the development and/or deployment of effective and optimal risk strategies, and partner with other functional teams in T-Mobile for technology release and tracking of the new strategies. You will participate and lead workstreams for Credit Risk in large corporate product and technology projects.
You must be able to manipulate large amounts of data, provide findings on data context and quality, extract key insights from the data using statistical concepts, and then be able to take it up a notch by clearly and concisely communicating actionable recommendations based upon your insights. You will be expected to represent the Credit Risk Management team in the role of credit data, credit strategy and statistic methodology expert.
This position can be located in Bellevue, WA or Overland Park, KS.
What you'll do in your role.
- Develop a deep understanding of industry, corporate, and customer drivers to leverage in optimization of all aspects of our decision strategy and business processes across the credit lifecycle
- Perform a leading role on projects and initiatives, working closely with team and corporate stakeholders to understand key business issues and translate them into credit strategy and business solutions
- Lead and perform complex qualitative and/or quantitative analysis of credit policies to ensure financial and credit goals are achieved
- Lead the development of predictive financial and analytical models (including stochastic, dynamic, or non-linear systems) using the appropriate statistical methodologies
- Participate in the selection of external and internal data-only or data-driven solutions, leading and performing the analysis of new vendor products or solutions
- Extract, process and transform data from multiple disparate sources, championing process evolution and fostering an effective data analysis culture
- Create and execute project management plans for team projects and initiatives, providing the fundamental structure for project timelines, resources, dependencies and critical path. You may also work with enterprise project management resources directing their efforts to create the necessary project management plans.
- Lead, participate or support team efforts in loss forecasting analysis
The experience you'll bring.
- 8+ years of quantitative analytic modeling experience or comparable process management experience
- 5+ years of Credit or Collections risk or process management experience
- BA/BS in Finance, Economics, Mathematics. Statistics or related degree requiredMaster’s Degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Statistics or related degree preferred
- Proficiency in SAS or other statistical/analytical programming languages
- Intermediate or higher proficiency in SQL, C++, Python, R or other statistical software packages a plus
- Superior skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint required
- Superior communication, organization and presentation skills
- Superior time management skills and awareness of project management methods
- Wireless / Telecom experience a plus
- Strong financial service and credit regulatory understanding and awareness preferred
- Experience with credit risk decision engine software and platform solutions preferred