Center for Living Campus (Integrative Medicine Clinic), Durham North Carolina
Standard Business Hours-TBD
Provide massage services to Duke Health and Well -Being clients and patients on the Center for Living campus.
- Provide massage services; provide safe, appropri ate and effective massage techniques.
- Performs health history on clients and update prior to each session; ascertains precautions/contradictions for massage prior to each session.
- Explain procedures and applies techn iques appropriate to client needs and preferences.
- Observe client reaction to massage and modifies as necessary. Solicits feedback and responds accordingly.
- Documents all sessions performed according to established guidelines.
- Maintains client confidentiality and sensitivity to age and g ender related issues during all client interactions; reports any unusual client interactions to supervisor immediately.
- Responsible for scheduling and maintenance of appointments; assists in collection of fees.
- Consult with appropriate treatment staff regarding treatment plans when neces sary.
- Provide massage orientation services, education seminars and marke ts massage services upon request.
- Perform other related duties incidenta l to the work described herein
Graduate of an accredited school of massage. Current North Carolina Massage License.
Work requires a minimum of one year experience providing massage EXPERIENCE services. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.