DENVER CENTER FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDIES AT FAIRMONT
Traditional 215 work days
Salary: Refer to the school leader compensation page here: http://thecommons.dpsk12.org/Page/3082.
About this job:
Principals at DPS, are the face of the school, provide leadership and educational development that is critical to the success of their teachers, students and staff.
What DPS Offers You:
- A Culture that values Equity, Accountability, Integrity, Collaboration and Fun with a shared vision that Every Student Will Succeed.
- Competitive Compensation and Incentive plan, click here for the DSLA Salary Schedule. For more information on compensation for these roles, click here.
- In addition to competitive compensation, DPS has other Total Reward offerings such as; time off, health and wellness benefits, and PERA Retirement.
What You'll Do:
- Lead a staff of administrative, certificated and classified personnel assigned to the school.
- Develop plans that improve the quality and adequacy of instruction, and foster student achievement, growth and development.
- Research and demonstrate an understanding of, and communicate the education-based aims and needs of the community to school staff and central administration.
- Supervise certificated and classified staff and ensures for: professional growth and development, attainment of district and building instructional goals, implementation of curriculum, and effective use of all staff-based and facility based resources.
- Plan, prepare and administer the school budget, including the translation of educational needs, goals and objectives into budgetary terms.
- Perform other related duties, including special projects, as required or requested.
What You’ll Need:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in education or in the subject areas for which you are applying.
- Hold a Master’s Degree in Elementary/Secondary Education, Administration, Curriculum, Instruction or Guidance, preferred.
- Hold a valid Colorado Department of Education Principal License (Must be current and active while in the position). Click here for more information.
- Five (5) or more years of experience as an educator. Demonstrated effective and diplomatic oral and written communication skills.
- Lead for racial and educational excellence and work to dismantle systems of oppression and inequity in our community, along with believing in and supporting all students so they feel seen and heard with access to high quality education.
- Live and work with a permanent home address in Colorado while working with us.
- Have the ability with or without accommodations to meet the physical demands of the position.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender expression, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or any other status protected by law or regulations. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.