Tutor - SOCIAL STUDIES
Glen Allen, VA, US
HCPS -GLEN ALLEN HIGH SCHOOL
Henrico County Public Schools is one of the six largest public school divisions in Virginia with a nationally recognized educational program. Henrico County is a suburban community surrounding the city of Richmond, VA. We are 104 miles from the Atlantic Ocean to the east; 94 miles from the scenic SkyLine Drive to the west; 106 miles from Washington, D.C. to the north; and 75 miles from the North Carolina border to the south.
Henrico County Public Schools, an innovative leader in educational excellence, will actively engage our students in diverse educational, social and civic learning experiences that inspire and empower them to become contributing citizens.
General Statement of Duties
This vacancy is open until filled. Temporary position. Cannot exceed 29 hours per week. Tutor will work with small groups of students on targeted SOCIAL STUDIES remediation.
- Use and evaluate instructional materials and resources, including technology, that support the curriculum.
- Plan instructional activities for students
- Assess and maintain records of students' progress
- Utilize a variety of instructional strategies in order to promote student success
- Provide individual and small group remediation
- Encourage students by giving positive feedback and support
- Use instructional resources that are researched based and identified as best practices
- Use a comprehensive collection of quick-check formative assessments that can be used to identify areas of need
- Model and demonstrate that reading and writing are pleasurable and valuable activities
Bachelor's Degree is required.
$28.07 per hour. The schedule will be determined by the building principal.
THE TEMPORARY HIRING PROCESS IS HANDLED BY THE PRINCIPAL AT THE SCHOOL LEVEL.
FOR POSITION SPECIFIC QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT GLEN ALLEN HIGH SCHOOL at 804-501-3300.
How To Apply
To be considered for this position, please complete an online application, mail, fax, or hand deliver three signed reference letters and college transcripts to:
Henrico County Public Schools
Department of Human Resources
P. O. Box 23120
3820 Nine Mile Road
Henrico, VA 23223-0420
Fax: (804) 652-3763
The School Board of Henrico County is committed to nondiscrimination with regard to sex (including pregnancy), gender, race, color, national origin, disability, religion, ancestry, age, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law (except where such is a bona fide occupational qualification), in employment or in its programs and activities.EOE/Accommodations Upon Request
Amount of Travel
Work At Home