The Regional Sr. Director, Development is accountable for managing and improving cell site development across the region in terms of cost, quality, timeliness, reliability, and flexibility. The position reports directly to the Regional Sr. Vice President and oversees the functional areas of development, external affairs, strategic real estate acquisition, regulatory compliance and lease administration/property management. As the most senior Development position in each region, the Regional Sr. Director Development is responsible for management, executive forecasting and reporting, development capital budget oversight, and advocating the regional position in regional and national Development contracts and projects. The Regional Sr. Director, Development is accountable for the delivery of On-Air technologies and sites directly related to our network evolution and supports network reliability and customer satisfaction.
What you'll do in your role.
- Translate National cell site development strategies, guidelines and processes into specific Regional goals and objectives, including forecasting, managing and monitoring of results, cell site prioritization and selection process and database accuracy required to meet Regional build objectives.
- Interface with Engineering leadership and other business executives as required to convey South Region development initiatives and progress as well as to hear and learn about business goals and needs and their dependencies on the network.
- Provide RFM and market directors with annual capital budget inputs for SC and HC activities relative to cell site development. Effectively communicate these targets to the development teams and insure that they are managed to. Monitor and communicate quarterly results.
- Create and facilitate region-wide development process improvements to reduce costs and/or decrease cell site development durations.
- Issue RFPs; Negotiate and manage Region-wide vendor contracts, pricing and processes including construction bidding, bulk pricing for development, construction and regulatory services, Regional portion of National tower vendor contracts, region-wide master lease agreements (MLAs) to develop cost efficiencies.
- Oversee Region-wide Lease and Site Optimzation team to minimize site reoccurring costs and maximize synergy opportunities through network integration. lease administration and property management efforts and pursue CCPU reduction initiatives associated with rent and/or utility costs as they become available.
- Review regulatory risk assessments and develop action plan for RSVP consideration when necessary.
- Program and report region-wide development forecasts and results including, creation of standard tracking reports, exception reports, regional components of national Engineering web-site management, and database modification.
- Oversee Regional Regulatory Compliance, External Affairs, Strategic Real Estate, Property Management, and Development Management staff / team leads.
- Provide inputs from Region perspective to the national development and siting teams, necessary to develop value added siting, zoning and community relations programs.
- As requested, act as spokesperson on development related topics at public events, with media and to elected officials within corporate external affairs policies.
- Implement national and regional training programs for employees.
The experience you'll bring.
- 10+ years in wireless network development.
- Required broad, progressive experience in all facets of site development and the leadership/management of development teams and vendors.
- Strong operational leader who can effectively collaborate with the multiple stakeholders.
- Track record of successful communication, interpersonal, and relationship skills.
- Lead teams through adversity and fast growth.
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred in Engineering, Construction Management or other related discipline.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Lead others via positional authority and influence.
- Connect with peers and other leaders in such a way as to allow for effective collaboration and partnering.
- Convey complex topics appropriately to the specific audience so as to enhance understanding and secure alignment on initiatives.
- Manipulate large quantities of data from multiple data sources and reduce data to meaningful information useful in decision-making and providing guidance.
- Collaborative, yet influential.
- Agile; thrives in a fast-paced environment, and has the ability to rapidly redirect according to Un-carrier strategy demands.