Sr Technician, Ntwk Ops Ctr (NOC e911)
**This position can be located in either Snoqualmie, WA, Frisco, TX or Parsippany, NJ.
This role is an SME in E911, PSAP and Location Services troubleshooting. This position is responsible for addressing incoming alerts on all higher level Locations Services equipment as well as addressing issues reported by PSAPs that may impact 911 calls. Such issues may include but are not limited to: 911 Call delivery, E911 Phase 1 and 2 delivery, nuisance callers, text to 911 etc. This position works hand in hand with ELSS (formerly Tier 2 LCS), E911 Services, Tier 2 USD and Regulatory. Must be knowledgeable in 911 practices and have a good understanding of T-Mobile’s handling of 911 calls. A strong understanding of transport, trunking and translations is desired.
Skills You'll Use Every Day
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, critical thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
What you'll do in your role.
- Provide enthusiastic and proficient technical leadership to designated NOC employees in the troubleshooting and resolution of network and system impairments. This function will cover troubleshooting the full spectrum of faults from a critical / high priority network wide outage to a single network element fault. This role will provide mentoring to individuals to improve their abilities and assist in performing ticket audits to ensure quality. The Senior Technician will also provide guidance to the entire team in order to optimally address larger problems or common incoming work load.
- Develop comprehensive training materials and willingly present it effectively to a variety of audiences including NOC technicians, Field and Switch Technicians, and other internal customers, as needed.
- Strive to remain current on new concepts, technologies and systems being introduced to T-Mobile’s network and assist other technicians in understanding them, as well as the impact of these new systems on current operations. Develop and recommend process improvements or changes to improve current operations or to accommodate network changes as needed.
- Act as a principle point of contact and be the source for well written outage notifications and updates including Customer Impact Messages, Shift handovers, executive updates, FCC notifications, and others as the need arises. Able to organize key work tasks and initiate key processes and issues.
- Responsible for other Duties/Projects as assigned by business management as needed.
The experience you'll bring.
- 5+ years experience in a technical role
- Advanced knowledge of Core Nodes used in 911 call flows.
- Knowledge of Phase 0, Phase 1, and Phase 2 standards.
- Understanding of call session analysis tool (ie. IRIS, GeoProbe & CBN)
- Applies acquired job skills and company policies and procedures to complete work you're doing.
- Understanding of TCP/IP concepts and common router user interfaces and command structure.
- Advanced level Knowledge of basic cell site topology, basic RF principles and system architecture.
- Good skills in Microsoft applications, such as Word, Excel, Outlook, terminal emulators, and a basic understanding of database structure.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
- This position operates in a 24x7x365 environment. Shift work and the ability to work in an on-call rotation are required.
- Advanced knowledge NOKIA GMLC
- Experience with TPIM & SPLUNK applications
- Knowledge of IMS telephony
- Comfortable running troubleshooting and informational conference bridges
- High School Diploma
- In lieu of the experience requirement a Bachelor's degree or Associates degree + 2 year of experience may be considered.
Employer is not currently sponsoring work visas for this position.
This position requires mobility (standing, walking, climbing, etc.); being able to get from one place to another. Requires bending, turning, twisting of your neck or at the waist. Requires balancing and maintaining equilibrium.
We offer a full range of comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, as well as matching 401(k), generous paid time off programs, phone service discounts, tuition reimbursement, free parking - not to mention a fun and business casual work environment.