Medline has an immediate opening for a Vice President of Logistics Technology based in the corporate headquarters, located in Northfield, IL. The Vice President of Logistics Technology will be responsible for overseeing the strategic direction, development, implementation, and management of technology solutions within the logistics and supply chain operations of our company. This role leads a team dedicated to optimizing logistics processes, leveraging technology to enhance efficiency, reduce costs, and improve overall operational performance.
- Exploit the value of enterprise information assets for decision making within Logistics and Supply Chain.
- Identify and operationalize the use and governance of technology in support of the Logistics and Supply Chain business strategy.
- Support logistics/supply chain business goals and be a champion for technology backed and a data-driven decision-making culture.
- Innovate with and expand the logistics/supply chain team technologies.
- Identify new kinds, types and sources of technology to drive logistics/supply chain business innovation.
- Build and manage a world class team to deliver best in class information and technology tools to our logistics/supply chain Medline customers. Directly or indirectly through subordinates influences the tactical and operational course of action that determines the achievement of results.
- Ensure the fit for purpose, availability, reliability and security of business information, systems/tools, and information services provided.
- Lead value-based prioritization decisions in information asset capabilities space. i.e. manage spend and resource deployment cost effectively.
- Create an agile work environment to deliver programs while balancing time, cost and scope for our logistics/supply chain teams. Manage enterprise leaders’ expectations regarding information assets and services.
- Responsible for executing decisions, managing risk and influencing activities and initiatives. Provides high level oversight and guidance relative to staffing.
Please be aware that Medline requires all employees starting in this position to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated by their start date. Medline is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodations to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated for COVID-19 consistent with federal, state, and local law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Data Science, or related field highly preferred.
- At least seven (7) years of progressively higher level of leadership experience in leading cross-functional teams and enterprise-wide programs, operating and influencing effectively across the organization and within complex contexts.
- At least 4 years of experience with ERP systems.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Excellent business acumen and interpersonal skills; able to work across business lines at senior levels to influence and effect change to achieve common goals.
- Proven data literacy – the ability to describe business use cases/outcomes, data sources and management concepts, and analytical approaches/options. The ability to translate among the vocabulary used by executive, business, IT and quant stakeholders.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively drive business, culture and technology change in a dynamic and complex operating environment.
- Broad experience valuable, but not essential, in multiple domain areas, such as data warehousing, business intelligence, data governance, data architecture, enterprise architecture frameworks, predictive analytics, and artificial intelligence.
- Strong prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team.
- Ability to work with and influence senior management.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office Suite, Outlook, and Internet applications.
All duties and requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by an employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor(s)/manager(s).
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" employment relationship