At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
In compliance with applicable State regulatory authorities, COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all MSK staff. Staff are considered fully vaccinated upon completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19 (i.e., one dose of a single dose vaccine or a final dose of a multi-dose vaccine series). Exceptions from the COVID-19 vaccine requirement are permitted for those who request and receive an approved medical or fully remote exemption. Requests for medical exemption can take up to two weeks to review. Vaccination or an approved medical exemption is required to start work.
*Staff working at a MSK New Jersey location must be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination, which includes having completed the primary COVID-19 vaccination series and booster once eligible as mandated by New Jersey State. All New Jersey staff not yet eligible for a booster must receive a booster within 3 weeks of becoming eligible as a condition of continued employment at MSK.
Note: Individuals are eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster two months after completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19. Because vaccine-induced immunity can wane over time, MSK continues to strongly urge all staff to get a COVID-19 booster as soon as they become eligible to maintain their protective immunity for a longer period.
Are you looking to take the next steps in your career at MSK? Then, this opportunity might be an excellent fit for you! Our team is looking for our next outstanding Supervisor, who will function as a member of the perioperative administrative team. This person will supervise the Patient Escort Services Aides in the Nursing Support Services Department. If this is something you could be interested, see below for more details!
- Committed to high standards of efficiency
- Motivated to provide outstanding customer service
- Committed and eager to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and passion.
- Adaptable in your approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- A good decision maker, with shown success of making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with interpersonal goals
- Direct and supervise activities of staff in assigned area including Hiring, orienting, training, and evaluating the performance of staff.
- Provide guidance, feedback, and opportunities for development, as appropriate.
- Oversee area operations and prioritize workflow to meet the needs of the department and ensure efficient and financially sound operations.
- Ensure availability of appropriate equipment to carry out department’s responsibilities.
- Complete all required documentation and produces vital reports.
- Communicate and ensure compliance with quality standards and improvement initiatives.
- Associates Degree is preferred; experience in lieu of the degree is required
- Excellent judgment; ability to make quick decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge or experience with TeleTracking preferred
- Strong communication, both written and verbal
- Conflict resolution skills
- Morning Shift: 3 Days(Monday-Friday) and Saturday and Sunday. 8 Hour Shifts, 10:00am-6:00pm.
Our Hiring Process
You review the posting, agree it sounds like an excellent fit & apply ->Talent Acquisition contacts you to schedule a phone interview (if your profile aligns) -> after speaking with the Talent Acquisition Specialist, you will connect with the Hiring Manager by phone or video -> if your experience is a fit, you will move forward to a video call or on-site visit with the team -> post-interview feedback->ideally an offer!
- >reference check & onboarding-> orientation & official welcome to MSK.
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time |Generous Vacation+ 12 holidays to recharge & refuel| Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care|403b Retirement Savings Plan Match|Tuition Reimbursement |Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance |Commuter Spending Account |Fitness Discounts &Wellness Program | Resource Networks| Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
We believe in communication, willingness, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It’s important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.