Join the next wave of innovation that is happening at T-Mobile. Work on projects that challenge your intellect, passion, drive and curiosity. We are looking for a great Software Engineer who can manage people to raise the bar for a high-performing team that delivers large scale solutions.
As a Software Engineering Manager in the Cloud team, you have a good track record in writing high quality code and building large scale systems. is responsible for executing the design, product and technical build, support and maintenance of a key product or limited product portfolio, as well as the supporting technology capabilities and infrastructure that support that product in an Agile driven environment. Manager is also responsible for attracting, hiring, retaining a high performing, full stack, team of Product Managers, Software Developers, architects, other members of technical staff to support products and platforms. This role is also directly accountable for developing strong and productive relationships outside your direct teams with Customer or Customer representative teams, partner organizations, dependent technology teams, and supporting vendors.
What you'll do in your role.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead teams producing high-quality and operationally efficient systems used by millions of users
- Develop, manage and operate cloud security posture management capabilities to secure and protect public cloud footprint without sacrificing the agility offered by cloud.
- Develop, manage and operate cloud security tools, services and off the shelf products, system integration with other security platforms.
- Collaborate with T-Mobile’s digital security organization to enforce common security controls and processes for the public cloud.
- Create development and architecture standards/guidelines for app teams and drive adoption.
- Translate business and functional requirements into documented technical specifications
- Develop support documentation for acceptance of systems changes into production
- Participate in code reviews and walkthroughs of technical specifications with other members of the technical team
- Deliver outstanding operational success by ensuring T-Mobile cloud infrastructure, platforms, security and application teams achieve 99.999% uptime across geo redundant high scale architectures serving millions of customer.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilize departmental agile software development methodologies as a guide for development activities
- Delivering and contributing to Open Source software projects
- Manage next generation projects analyzing large data sets using machine learning to shift towards automated anomaly detection and low touch operations.
- Meet project schedules by providing accurate estimates of effort required for development deliverables. Communicate updates on project progress to development and project management.
- Collaborate with other teams including Business, Testing, Project Management and Application support for successful delivery of systems enhancements
- Develop proof-of-concepts that test specific business use cases using next generation tools and technologies
The experience you'll bring.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Demonstrated focus on cost-efficiency mindset, ability to drive cloud cost awareness, analysis and insights across the organization through automation and a rich tool set.
- Demonstrated ability to manage software development teams, create and deliver to budgets and build relationships across organizations.
- Deep experience in at least one of the following domains: public cloud (AWS/Azure), server-side web dev, client-side web dev, REST/web services, container based applications on Kubernetes, large scale data analytics using Machine Learning frameworks.
- Expert using Git-based version control systems and common CI/CD tools such as Gitlab.
- Complete understanding and proven capability to delivery automated infrastructure architectures and scripts (using Cloud Formation, Python, Terraform, Ansible etc) on public cloud such as AWS or Azure using a GitOps model.
- Good knowledge of design principles and best practices for implementing web APIs and microservice based architectures along with solid understanding of software development frameworks, architecture concepts and terminology.
- 5+ years of software development experience, 3+ years leading software development teams building and running large scale applications