Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
60 college credit hours required.
11.61/hr with 60 hours of college credit
12.62/hr with 4 year degree
To improve the educational program by assisting the instructional and administrative staff. The Teaching Assistant will assist full-time teachers, reinforcing materials and lessons covered in the classroom to facilitate student learning. Under the direction of a certified teacher, performs a variety of classroom, general, and clerical duties related to assisting a student.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES (Major duties which the position exists to perform)
- Performs supportive instructional tasks under the direction of a certified staff member.
- Supervise classrooms in emergency situations.
- Monitors students during independent work activities and provides assistance as needed.
- Provides tutorial assistance to students in one-to-one or small group arrangements.
- Provides practice and reinforcement activities for students as follow-up to direct instruction provided by the classroom teacher.
- Assists in preparation of instructional materials
- Performs supportive behavior management tasks under the direction of a certified staff member.
- Assists in implementing the classroom behavior management system as designed by a certified staff member.
- Provides emotional support and encouragement to students.
- Assists in the supervision of students throughout the school day (e.g., provides support services within regular classroom, loading/unloading of buses, lunch, recess, restroom, movement throughout the school building).
- Assists certified staff with clerical duties as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MARGINAL DUTIES () (“Non-essential” duties which are NOT critical to the position, but which the incumbent may be asked to perform)
- Supervise Adventure Club students on Parkway early release days.
*Starts School Year 21-22
Education | Teaching