Job no: 530738
Entity: MUSC Physicians Primary Care Physicians
Department: Bu/Specialty Practices
Sub Department: PCP01-010-Psychiatry
Work type: Part-Time
Employee Type: MUSCP - Staff
Location: Charleston, SC
Categories: Support Services & Operations, Allied Health & Laboratory Services, Administrative & Non-Clinical Professionals
Pay scale: MUSCP-G14: $54,522.21 - $73,667.78 (min - mid)
Entity/Organization: MUSC Physicians (MUSCP)
Hours per week: 20
Scheduled Work Hours/Shift: Hours vary, must have ability to work onsite 4:00pm-8:00pm Monday-Thursday evenings and some Saturday mornings to accommodate working professional clients
Pay Basis/FLSA: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Job Summary/Purpose: Modern Minds is seeking a part-time Intake Coordinator to join our multidisciplinary team and become an integral member of our mental health and wellness clinic. Intake Coordinators at Modern Minds will be our client’s first point of contact and will conduct preliminary phone screening with potential clients, set up new client accounts, send client materials to be completed prior to intake assessment and relay intake assessments to the larger care team.
- Bachelors Degree required
- 3+ years of experience in the mental health field
- Masters Level Licensed Clinicians welcome to apply [Masters-level Licensed Social Workers (MSW), Licensed Professional Counselors (LPC), and Licensed Independent Social Workers (LISW)]
- Prior experience working with an EHR (Electronic Health Record)
- Prior experience in wellness (e.g., yoga instructor, executive coach) or mental health (e.g., ABA, CBT, DBT or ACT experience) will be viewed favorably
- Serve as a telephone and technology-driven point of contact for clients, providing details to help with assessment and guidance towards intake at the clinic
- Set up accounts for new clients in our client database (Penelope) and send them intake materials to be completed prior to first appointment
- Collect medical records and details pertaining to previous treatments and general health of clients prior to assessment appointment
- Schedule and confirm intake assessments
- Oversee the check-in process during evening office hours. This would include greeting and escorting clients arriving at the clinic to their therapist’s office for appointments
- Ensure the team is prepared for appointments the coming day by providing an updated schedule of clients, relevant files, and medical records
Physical Requirements: Continuous requirements are to perform job functions while standing, walking and sitting. Ability to bend at the waist, kneel, climb stairs, reach in all directions, fully use both hands and legs, possess good finger dexterity, perform repetitive motions with hands/wrists/elbows and shoulders, reach in all directions. Ability to be qualified physically for respirator use, initially and as required. Maintain 20/40 vision corrected, see and recognize objects close at hand and at a distance, work in a latex safe environment and work indoors. Frequently lift, lower, push and pull and/or carry objects weighing 50 lbs (+/-) unassisted, exert up to 50 lbs of force, lift from 36” to overhead 25 lbs. Infrequently work in dusty areas and confined/cramped spaces.
About Modern Minds:
Modern Minds is a mental health and wellness center providing innovative treatment to adult professionals (aged 18 – 75 years old) who are struggling with anxiety and depression, and more broadly individuals who are seeking growth in their personal and professional lives. Our boutique sized clinic is located in downtown Charleston, South Carolina. Our treatment approach is built on a foundation of process-based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) cornerstones. We provide a range of evidence-based treatments in both individual and group settings, as well as an integrated array of other wellness and experiential services. Our program utilizes highly individualized treatment approaches and provides a nourishing, healing environment for our clients and our employees. We are partnered with the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC), the leading healthcare provider for South Carolina, and are looking to recruit motivated, passionate, and highly qualified individuals who want to help build a new model for mental health treatment. While at Modern Minds you will be trained, supervised, and work closely with a highly talented group of leaders including our Executive Director Anne Marie Albano, our Chief Psychology Officer Dr. Ashley Bullock, and a multidisciplinary team of other psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers, and medical and mental health specialists. At Modern Minds, you will be part of a forward-thinking team implementing a cutting-edge mental health model that incorporates wellness and technology into exceptional care for our clients.
In addition, Modern Minds will provide on-site training with our industry leading partners and consultants including Dr. Steven Hayes (A Liberated Mind). Other benefits for our staff include non-traditional working hours, competitive salary and benefits, and an emphasis on work-life balance, which is echoed in our mission to provide our clients with a holistic approach to healthcare. We are seeking individuals who are passionate, motivated, and highly qualified to help develop a new kind of mental health clinic, one that reduces or eliminates barriers to accessing and making use of mental health care and supports individuals thriving to their fullest potential in their lives and communities. Our initiative is to change the course of how the world approaches mental health.
Connect with us on Social: