IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Building Principal
JOB GOAL: To provide physical fitness awareness and organized athletic activities for students on the elementary level
- 60 college credit hours
- Associate's degree or higher
- Missouri ParaPro Assessment passing score (before September 23, 2013)
- Missouri Paraprofessional Assessment passing score (after September 23, 2013), Or
- Completed Missouri's 20-hour online substitute training program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan activities for physical education classes that are age appropriate.
- Provide basic awareness in good health, hygiene, and safety issues.
- Provide instructional programs for students that include training in sportsmanship and team developement.
- Provide instructional programs for students that promote self-esteem
- Maintain gym equipment and keep and accurate inventory of supplies
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned by the principal.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: stand, walk, use hands, talk and hear. The employee may be required to reach with hands and arms above their head or reach forward, sit, squat, stoop or kneel. The employee must be able to lift or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision,depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may be loud on occasion. Work is generally performed indoors but outside activities occur weather permits.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 7 hours/day; 187 days/school term
CLEARANCES: Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance