NEWTON COUNTY SCHOOL SYSTEM – Spirit, Pride, Excellence
Job Title: SNP Assistant Manager
Pay Grade: Grade 5
Department: School Nutrition Program
Work Schedule: 186 Days
Reports to: School Based SNP Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The assistant manager works under the direction of the SNP manager, assumes responsibilities of the manager in his/her absence, and assists in maintaining efficient management and operation of the kitchen. The assistant manager will be able to operate a point of sale (POS) for meals, perform regular inventory, order food and supplies as needed, manage and supervise kitchen staff, operate a desktop computer in the work place, and execute duties that assist the manager in leading the kitchen in full compliance with state and federal regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Works with the SNP Manager to:
• Ensure compliance with all federal, state, county, and district regulations and policies, as well as all food safety program (HACCP) guidelines.
• Manage resources to comply with financial guidelines for food, labor and supply costs.
• Develop and implement daily work schedules including cleaning assignments for each position in the kitchen.
• Develop and implement daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly cleaning schedules; monitors proper completion of assignments.
• Ensure that all staff receive training in all aspects of department operations and regulations as appropriate to each position.
• Ensure that staff members follow all Federal, State, District and SNP regulations and procedures.
• Follow all Federal and State guidelines relating to meal counting and claiming.
• Maintain accurate daily production records for all meals served.
• Follow all money handling procedures and ensure that money is accurately received, deposited and posted to customer accounts.
• Investigate all cash register discrepancies and make corrections as needed.
• Become proficient with food ordering and inventory procedures to maintain sufficient inventory levels for food and supplies.
• Ensure that all recipes are followed and immediately notifies SNP Manager of all problems with recipes.
• Distribute all required reports and responds to central office staff requests in a timely manner.
• Have a clear understanding of each report and its significance.
• Make suggestions to Central Office Staff to improve operations.
• Promote a safe working environment; does not pose a safety risk to self or others.
Works independently to:
• Supervise the daily HACCP activities and ensures that all requirements are met.
• Follow all food receiving and storage procedures.
• Become proficient with all NCSS menus, standardized recipes and portion sizes during food preparation and service.
• Adhere to HACCP, food safety, food preparation, handling and service procedures.
• Meet all serving schedules as established by the School Principal.
• Practice good customer service skills and addresses all customer problems appropriately.
• Inform site manager and/or area supervisor of all manager/employee issues and concerns.
• Uses good judgment in making decisions and when uncertain of how to handle a situation, asks for assistance from the appropriate staff resource.