Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
Des Moines Public Schools is looking for an Early Childhood Associate. This position is funded with Title I funds and is subject to the availability of those funds.
Assist teachers in the instruction, supervision and care of all students.
Successful candidates for this position will possess:
- High School Diploma, GED or HiSet
- Childhood Development Associate (CDA) credential, AA degree, or a Para educator Certification I Generalist & Para educator Certification II Early Childhood
- Competency working in a culturally diverse environment or the willingess to acquire these skills.
Highly Qualified candidates for this position will possess:
Experience working with preschool children in an early childhood program.
Please see attached job descripton for further information on functions of the position along with educational and experience requirements.
Salary starting at $16.46
Candidates offered employment will be compensated based on skills, work experience and education.
Des Moines Public Schools offers a generous benefits package including:
- Enrollment in IPERS (Iowa Public Employee Retirement System)--a defined benefit plan
- Single and Family Health Insurance at no cost to the employee during the first plan year of employment (July 1 - June 30). Premium cost is $600/year after that.
- Employees can earn up to $600/year via participation in the Healthy U program.
- Des Moines Public Schools Benefit Information: https://dmschools.b-cdn.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/DMPS-Benefits-Guide-FY-2023.pdf
- Des Moines Insurance plan information : Employee Benefits - Des Moines Public Schools (dmschools.org)
- Current Monthly premiums paid by the district for eligible employees (subject to change effective July 1):
3. Single Dental insurance at no cost to the employee. Family Dental Insurance with a minimal monthly cost ($50 per month for most employees).
4. Family Vision Insurance at no cost to the employee for eligible employees. Not all employee groups are eligible.
To prospective employees, we invite you to come here. You will form bonds here, grow here, learn new skills here, and achieve here. But most of all, you will become here. Find out more about Becoming "The Best You" Here at Des Moines Public Schools.