Applying to this job will open a new window on the employer's web site to apply there.
- At least 12 months child care experience, a high school or high school equivalency diploma, AND:
- Three credit hours or more in early childhood, child development, or a closely-related field from an accredited college or university, OR
- At least 30 actual hours of instruction, provided in conferences, seminars, lectures, or workshops in early childhood, child development, or closely-related field; OR
- At least 12 months of child care experience AND:
- Administrator Credential (N.A.C.) Certification as issued by the National Child Care Association OR Child Development Associate (C.D.A.) or Certified Childcare Professional (C.C.P) or National; OR
- At least 24 credit hours from an accredited college or university, including at least six credit hours in early childhood, child development, or a closely-related field; OR
- At least six months of child care experience and an associate degree from an accredited college or university in early childhood, child development, or a closely-related field; OR
- At least three months of child care experience and a bachelor degree form an accredited college or university in early childhood, child development, or a closely-related field Arizona Level One IVP Fingerprint Card
Must be at least 21 years of age.
Ability to supervise at least 100 children
Current CPR/First Aid Certification
Verbal & written communication skills in English and a demonstrated ability to read and comprehend written/graphic and oral instructions.
Knowledge of word processing/database/spreadsheet applications
Experience supervising employees and children.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS AFTER HIRE
Proof of immunity to rubeola (measles) and rubella (German measles), or proof of MMR immunization
Documentation of a negative tuberculosis screening test, administered within 12 months before the start date; or if a candidate has had a positive test, a written statement signed and dated by a health care provider within six months before the start date stating candidate is free from infectious active tuberculosis.
Required to complete a minimum of 18 actual hours of early childhood, child development or related topics each anniversary year.
Effective 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR
LOCATION - Schumaker Early Learning Center
4 hours per day
Positions less than 30 hours per week are not eligible for district benefits.
Tucson Unified School District is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination based on disability, race, color, religion/religious beliefs, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or national origin.