Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion at Getty
Getty believes diversity, equity, accessibility and inclusion are essential to our excellence and to the execution of our mission. The Getty community values differences in the pursuit of inquiry and knowledge, mutual understanding, respect, trust, transparency, and cooperation. We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve and includes individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences. Individuals of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty is seeking a talented and experienced Learning and Development Specialist who will identify needs, recommend solutions, develop, deliver and manage a mentoring program and professional learning opportunities Getty-wide. The Learning and Development Specialist will partner with multiple stakeholders, managers and staff across the organization to create focused, integrated programs. This role will continuously seek and champion new approaches, practices and processes to improve the effectiveness and success of all employees across the Getty and help ensure consistent and equitable practices.
The position reports to the Director, Human Resources.
Major Job Responsibilities
- Enhance and further DEAI consistently through mentoring, learning and development programs to invest in the retention and development of current and future Getty staff at all levels, including and especially Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) employees.
- Design a mentoring program for employees; develop curriculum that encourages, guides, and assists participants in their personal and professional growth and mentoring relationships.
- Manage mentoring program including recruiting, assessing, matching and orienting participants.
- Conduct needs assessments to identify specific learning needs and develops action plans to address gaps. Review and present results-based outcomes that demonstrate overall program effectiveness.
- Partner and assist with training and development efforts and liaise with external consultants hired to deliver additional training, as requested.
- Partner with other departments to build key internal alliances and strengthen DEAI knowledge and skills.
- Monitor and ensure alignment between professional development programs, established goals, budget utilization, and learning program priorities.
- Serve as an expert advisor in learning and development strategies, creating innovative solutions and recommending best practices.
- Propose, monitor and manage related budget.
- Bachelor’s degree in Adult Education, Human Resources, Organizational Development, or a similar field.
- Minimum of five years related experience, especially including experience in the design, development and oversight of learning, professional development and mentoring programs of adult learners.
All employees must be fully-vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus as a condition of employment. Exemptions from this requirement as a reasonable accommodation due to medical contraindication, disability or sincerely held religious belief or practice will be considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A passion for helping people learn and grow.
- Deep understanding and knowledge in the areas of leadership development, training and development, organizational development, talent development and change management.
- Experience with collecting, evaluating and presenting data.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, able to effectively communicate information to a variety of audiences.
- Experience with helping to identify and build equitable practices in the workplace to promote DEAI.
- Experience with program design from vision stage to full execution.
- Adept with a variety of learning/development platforms and methods.
- Experience using learning/development tools to create an welcoming learning environment and further DEAI goals.
- Ability to research and evaluate training options and alternatives.
- Maintains knowledge of the latest trends in learning and development.
- Capable and comfortable working in partnership with a diverse group of professionals.
- Organized, self-motivated and able to manage multiple tasks effectively.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and related program software.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, color, disability, ethnicity, familial status, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status.
To Apply Visit: