Henrico, VA, US
HCPS - Ratcliffe Elementary School
Henrico County Public Schools is one of the six largest public school divisions in Virginia with a nationally recognized educational program. Henrico County is a suburban community surrounding the city of Richmond, VA. We are 104 miles from the Atlantic Ocean to the east; 94 miles from the scenic Skyline Drive to the west; 106 miles from Washington, D.C. to the north; and 75 miles from the North Carolina border to the south.
Henrico County Public Schools, an innovative leader in educational excellence, will actively engage our students in diverse educational, social and civic learning experiences that inspire and empower them to become contributing citizens.
General Statement of Duties
This posting is for a full-time Custodial Worker at Ratcliffe Elementary School. The position is open until filled. Work hours during school year: M-F, 2:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.; work hours during summer: M-Thurs, 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Minimum $13.28 per hour.
- Strips, seals, waxes, and buffs floors
- Scrubs and rinses floors in assigned area
- Damp mops a variety of rooms (i.e., auditorium, library, halls, stairs, cafeteria, kitchens, locker rooms and mechanical equipment rooms)
- Dusts a variety of rooms (i.e., auditorium, stage, library, halls, gym floors, and cafeteria)
- Sweeps shops, stairs and entrance areas, locker room, bleachers, sidewalks, halls
- Cleans and scrubs restrooms completely
- Dusts rooms, offices, furniture and cupboards and removes cobwebs
- Empties and washes garbage cans
- Attends work daily and be engaged and on task
- Performs overtime work on a scheduled, unscheduled, routine or emergency basis, as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned
Grade school completion. Knowledge of building cleaning practices, supplies and equipment; ability to use cleaning supplies and equipment economically and efficiently; ability to follow simple oral and written directions. Good physical condition required. Ability to work at high altitudes using scaffolds, ladders, etc.
The position is open until filled. Minimum $13.28 per hour.
How To Apply
To be considered for the listed vacancy:
All applicants must complete an online application.
Please mail, fax, or hand-deliver three (3) current and signed reference letters or three (3) current and signed reference forms to:
Henrico County Public Schools
Department of Human Resources
P.O. Box 23120
3820 Nine Mile Rd
Henrico, VA 23223-0420
Fax: (804) 652-3763
The School Board of Henrico County is committed to nondiscrimination with regard to sex (including pregnancy), gender, race, color, national origin, disability, religion, ancestry, age, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law (except where such is a bona fide occupational qualification), in employment or in its programs and activities.
Amount of Travel
Work At Home