Head Start/Title I Family Services Worker
Director of Early Childhood Initiatives
Open Until Filled
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to work with families of children enrolled in the preschool programs
- Ability to coordinate and monitor services for preschool families
- Ability to work extensively with agencies in the community to secure services for families
- Ability to implement and/or design goals with the families to meet the needs of the child and family
- Experience or knowledge in working with multi-cultural families
- Ability to communicate with non-English speaking families (especially Spanish)
- Ability to effectively present information orally and in writing
- Working knowledge of community resources and needs
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least five years of experience in a related field focused on serving families and children
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: 12 months
SALARY: Classified Salary Schedule, pay grade 63
FLSA Status: Exempt
- To ensure that families are meeting the educational, medical, and developmental needs of their children enrolled in the preschool program.
- To assist families in attaining skills necessary to reach self-sufficiency.
- To work with the preschool teaching staff to ensure support for the child and family.
- To serve as a resource to the family and teaching staff in problem solving behavioral and emotional needs of the child.
- To utilize community resources and make appropriate referrals as necessary.
- To work independently under the supervision of the Director of Early Childhood Initiatives.
- To be responsible for appropriate case documentation and necessary reports.
- To participate in appropriate preschool activities, including those planned after normal working hours.
- To participate in training deemed appropriate for the position.
- To assist ERSEA (Eligibility, Recruitment, Selection, Enrollment, Attendance) manager with the preschool application process.
- To perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to stand, sit, or walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms routinely.
- Ability to bend, stoop, carry, push, or pull.
- Ability to operate technology for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to carry furniture such as tables and chairs, supplies and materials.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds routinely and 30 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to facilitate the evacuation of students during emergency situations and/or drills.
- Must be able to visually and auditorily effectively communicate with staff and students.
- Must be able to drive to variety of school sites.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job.
Interested individuals are to complete an online application which can be found at www.onslow.k12.nc.us.
Onslow County Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities.
I have read and understand the requirements for the position of Family Services Worker.
I am able to perform all essential functions of this position.
Printed Name Date