At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK will require all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. This is based on the COVID-19 vaccines’ high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients.
The Research Secretary II provides primary administrative and clerical support to non-clinical Attendings within the Immigrant Health and Cancer Disparities Service of the Department.
- Provide reception, telephone coverage and assisting Attendings with the administrative functions of their research projects
- Prepare documents, memos, letters, project/presentation materials, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of manuscript submissions, grant applications, abstracts, CVs
- Arranges travel and reimbursement as needed
- Provide administrative support to Assistant Manager to schedule appointments, meetings, and conferences
- Able to handle multiple priorities and to exercise judgment and discretion is essential.
- Have the ability to work in a team-centered environment and fast-paced atmosphere.
- Organized and detailed oriented.
- Highly motivated, eager to learn and adaptable to a changing environment.
- One year secretarial experience in a research environment preferred
- Research grant submission, manuscript preparation and referencing experience a plus
- Excellent typing and proofreading abilities
- Knowledge of MS Word and PowerPoint
- High School Diploma required, Bachelor's degree a plus