Head Girls' Tennis Coach (2023-24 School Year)
Henrico, VA, US
HCPS - Henrico High School
Henrico County Public Schools is one of the six largest county public school divisions in Virginia with a nationally recognized educational program. Henrico County is a suburban community surrounding the city of Richmond, VA. We are 104 miles from the Atlantic Ocean to the east; 94 miles from the scenic Sky Line Drive to the west; 106 miles from Washington, D.C. to the north; and 75 miles from the North Carolina border to the south.
Our Mission: Henrico County Public Schools, an innovative leader in educational excellence, will actively engage our students in diverse educational, social, and civic learning experiences that inspire and empower them to become contributing citizens.
General Statement of Duties
This vacancy is open until filled. To develop principles of fair play, a sense of confidence, and self-discipline through the development and extension of various tennis skills as provided by interscholastic competition.
- Organizes the overall tennis program
- Prepares players both physically and mentally for interscholastic competition through practice, teaching of fundamental skills, and knowledge of rules
- Checks eligibility forms and submits to the Student Activities Director
- Sees that all physical and academic requirements are met by each player and submits such information to the Student Activities Director in order to establish VHSL eligibility list
- Supervises the cleaning, storage, and proper care of all equipment
- Requisitions, through the Student Activities Director, supplies, uniforms, and all necessary equipment
- Fosters good school-community relations by keeping the community aware of and responsive to the athletic program
- Conducts pre-season meetings with parents
- Prepares daily practice schedule and conducts practice sessions
- Attends all VHSL clinics
- Follows county financial policies concerning the collection and receipting of fund
Demonstrated ability to manage the entire tennis program through previous experience as a coach or player.
Minimum Stipend Amount: $1,836.87
If you have questions about this position, please contact Paige Baisley, Director of Student Activities Henrico High School, at (804) 228-2700 or by email email@example.com
How To Apply
To be considered for this vacancy, you should upload three (3) written references, your college transcripts (unofficial copies will suffice at this point), and a copy of your teaching license onto our online application platform located at https://www.henricoschools.us/page/careers
Henrico County Public Schools
Department of Human Resources
P. O. Box 23120
3820 Nine Mile Road
Henrico, VA 23223
The School Board of Henrico County is committed to nondiscrimination with regard to sex (including pregnancy), gender, race, color, national origin, disability, religion, ancestry, age, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law (except where such is a bona fide occupational qualification), in employment or in its programs and activities.
Amount of Travel
Work At Home